Volvo Australia Car Configurator Back Online with a new model trim option! - Volvo V40 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 22-05-2015, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Volvo Australia Car Configurator Back Online with a new model trim option!

Hi Folks... Thought you might be interested...
Sent Volvo an email several weeks ago along with a lot of other owners I suspect, pointing out that the new Aus V40 car configurator was pretty broken in its functionality after being unavailable completely while the site was updated.
I received a reply conceding it was released to the public somewhat prematurely & it promptly disappeared again from the site for several weeks...

Well it's made a comeback & now seems to work a lot better!
The most notable improvement is you can now easily select & configure both a Cross Country and an R-Design!
Before the re-launch the CC wasn't even available to configure & to buy an R-Design you had to know to select the T5 engine to make the R-Design trim become available.

What has surprised me the most though is the appearance of a new model trim choice that they are calling "Selected by Design"
It presents on the configurator as a standalone model alongside the normal Aus V40 choices of Kinetic, Luxury & R-Design.

After selecting it & choosing no other options I requested a model summary...
Turns out it is a T4 Luxury with the 6 speed auto, Driver Support Pack, Charcoal leather seats & charcoal/blond interior combination and is fitted with the touring chassis & 18" Taranis wheels as standard. All this can be yours for $58457 drive away with no options.
You can option it with the D4 engine + 8 speed auto & the Sports chassis if desired.
Considering you can have an R-Design T5 with the 8 speed auto, DSP & sports chassis for $60683 drive away I'm not sure how well it will go...
On closer inspection of the new site it seems "Selected by Design" models are available across the entire Volvo range & are basically just pre-configured cars of each model chosen by Volvo.

See for yourselves... If you live outside Aus & are curious about what we get for our money just use 2000 as a postcode. (Sydney CBD)
http://www.volvocars.com/au/services...gurator#/model

MY 2015 Black Sapphire T5 R-Design, DSP, Heated Front Seats, Tinted Windows, 18" Ixion II's, Bi-Xenons with ABL & AHB, Polestar. Visit my garage for full Oz R-Design specs.

Last edited by LateStarter; 22-05-2015 at 04:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.