V40 or Xc60 - Volvo V40 Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

V40 or Xc60

Basically had a phone call from volvo offering to buy my car off me (wiping out negative equity) and offered me a great deal on a Xc60 d4 se. Going to have a look tomorrow just wondering what peoples opinions are, only reason am looking is due to my wife having our first child and like the idea of a bigger car.

I still have over two years left on pcp finance on the V40 so not sure what to do for the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-10-2015, 12:58 AM

Garage
Never good to hear we may be losing a V40 owner Pchende, but I can't help but think young families are buying mid size SUV's all around the world in there thousands for a reason.
Can only recommend you consider things like ease of access/entry for things like baby capsules & strollers where I suspect the XC60 is likely to be an improvement over the V40.

Judging by the pics on the Volvo website the 2 cars are very similar inside & out except for the size & ride height so you're going to feel right at home with the controls etc.
You are the only one who really knows if the deal they are offering makes financial sense for your family with the extra costs of the baby in mind.
Make sure you really look the car over carefully as I do wonder why they are cold calling owners & offering such a great deal...
Sounds like it may have been on the lot for a while without selling so you have to ask yourself why?

With the baby in mind I would suggest that you steer away from a blonde interior though!!
The expression "That aint gunna buff out" comes to mind considering what babies can produce from both ends
Been there... Cleaned that
Lastly... A big congrats on the new arrival!! Your world is going to be turned on it's head... Mostly in a good way though
David1967 likes this.

MY 2015 Sapphire Black T5 R-Design, DSP, Heated Front Seats, Tinted Windows, 18" Ixion II's, Bi-Xenons with ABL & AHB, Polestar.
Visit my garage for full Oz R-Design specs.

Last edited by LateStarter; 13-10-2015 at 01:12 AM.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-10-2015, 06:49 AM

Garage
Hello!

First of all, congratulations on the new arrival!!! Certainly a future Volvo driver

I tried the XC60 and I found that the internal space is not much more bigger than the V40. But it is true that the high driving position is comfortable, on the other hand it is more difficult to install a child and to tidy up the stroller.
In my opinion, the XC60 is pretty but not in all versions, and quite expensive because the quality level is the same that V40.

But do not forget, the V40 is one of the safest cars in the world! And keep your money for the baby ^^

Have a good day!
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-10-2015, 06:59 AM

Garage
We picked the V40 because it has not got a electric handbrake the xc60 has one and they are our pet hate.It is due to having one stick on in our Ford c-max in the middle of Thetford forest at 3am (stopped for a rest on the way home) after that we said never again, but some people love them just make sure you get on with one before committing.
Also it seems cars with the electric parking break get through rear pads alot quicker ford and vauxhall do at least.

V40 CC lux D2 geartronic lux winter pack osmium grey.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-10-2015, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the inputs guys, few points i never considered. The main thinking behind it was the vastly improved boot space, i have the flexi load floor in the v40 and with the pram in the boot theres little to no space for anything else.

A have already said it has to have the same equip level or better for me to even consider it and my v40 is spec'd quite high. So i am not going in thinking i am going to take it. It would be approx £40 a month more then what a pay for my v40 and have said if he cant get the figures to where i want them i wont even consider it. So i sm making them work for the business atvthe end of the day they phoned me

I have really started to enjoy the v40 again apart from going back on friday for three new door seals i still love the look and feel of the car. And no way will i go anywhere near a light interior had visions of that not ending well hahaha

Well let you know what happens
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-10-2015, 08:21 AM

go for it, nice swap and with a new family member all that boot space is going to be welcome indeed

V40 D4 Summum R-Design Caspian Blue Metallic, with a tad of Rica magic applied
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-10-2015, 08:53 AM

We have XC60 in family and it works much better as a family car.. It has MUCH more space and comfort and it's a great car overall, although I'm not a fan of SUVs..
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-10-2015, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dexter_ View Post
We have XC60 in family and it works much better as a family car.. It has MUCH more space and comfort and it's a great car overall, although I'm not a fan of SUVs..
How long have you had it for? Any issues. The spec am looking at is an D4 SE Manual so no more r design but the way volvo are destroying the rdesign look a doubt there will be much noticable difference
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-10-2015, 12:19 PM

XC60 is a nice car but a tank in comparison...
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 13-10-2015, 12:55 PM

Garage
Indeed, the consumption of fuel is more important and more tax for a XC60 but the boot space is better. But if you want space, take the XC70.

If you want you can remove the flexi load floor to have more space in height.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.