Rebel Blue or Onyx Black?? - Page 2 - Volvo V40 Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 12:25 PM

Garage
My last car was a Peugeot RCZ in flat white with a high gloss black roof, a stunning combination, it did look like glass due to its high gloss finish.

On the V40 it is a tinted, almost black glass roof which has an electric blind inside so you have the option of more light inside the cabin or leave it closed up .

Ice White is a bright flat white, great against black trim and the glass tinted roof.

I do like metallic on certain colours, Renault do a stunning metallic Flame Red, but I dont like pearlescant white on ANY car, I think it looks a bit creamy, I like my white bright and clean !
I was actually offered a free upgrade to pearlescant white on the RCZ by the dealer, but opted for the standard flat white as it was a brighter white.

Everyone will like a certain colour better than others , it really is down to personal choice.

You can put the glass roof on any colour you fancy, and it does look very good against the Rebel Blue, but for me it was the Ice White combination that did it.

I haven't collected my car yet from the dealer, I have been to see it, and it really is a good looking car, especially with the rear styling pack option, but I'm waiting for the new 2016 plate come out on March 1st for collection.
My lad wants me to "go get it now", because he's a named driver on the insurance, even though he has his own very nice white Alfa Giulietta Clover Leaf, which by coincidence he's thinking of having the roof wrapped in gloss black.
Bloody copy cat. LOL.

Theres something about white good looking cars in this family .

2016 Ice White V40 T3 R-Design Lux Nav, Xenium Pack, Comfort Pack, R-Design Rear Styling Kit, 18" Ixion Alloys, Rear Glass Tints, Active Xenon Headlights

Last edited by jactac; 01-02-2016 at 12:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 01:23 PM

Rebel blue all day for me. Its suits the shape of the V40 so well. Black hides some of the cars lines
Trebor1960 likes this.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 02:09 PM
sdp

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pchende View Post
Rebel blue all day for me. Its suits the shape of the V40 so well. Black hides some of the cars lines
yes, I'd agree that some of the darker and also metallic colours can hide the lines. We've got a passion red car with the panoramic roof which form me stands out quite well, though probably not as much as with the car in white.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 02:13 PM
egb

Well our first v40 cc lux I chose black with privacy glass, looked good on the Volvo site, but I have to say with all the black trim that comes on the cc, I soon realised after we picked it up that it was just to much black, and the wife just hated it, it looked more like a van I was told, thankfully due to electrical problems and a tendency to lock us out and tyre pressure monitors going off ,after 8 months the car was returned to Volvo by our lease company Motability, the wife insisted our second v40 r lux be ice white even though we are allowed to get a metallic colour free of charge, funny enough we would have had to pay for rebel blue!! and I have to agree its a real stunner in white, all the contours are there to see, but which ever colour you go for its always a very personal choice, just enjoy
jactac likes this.

V40 D2 R powerdrive Lux my15 | Ice white | leather | heated screen / front Seats |

V40 D2 cc powerdrive Lux my15 | Black sapphire | leather | privacy glass | Returned |
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 02:33 PM

The only two bad colour choices in my humble opinion are silver for an r design (you want the wing mirrors to stand out) and black for the cross country (you want he black bits to contrast). I love the rebel blue so if it was me I'd go for that. Don't see many of that colour about round me.

Last edited by lancslad1985; 02-02-2016 at 09:10 AM.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 04:07 PM

Style wise the only thing I dislike about the V40 exterior is the chrome trim round the windows, looks fine on a luxury model but I think it looks old fashioned on a sports model, it would look better black. Inside the only thing I don't like is the chrome and blue stripe down the centre of the dash, if it had been all chrome or all black then I think it would look better. Personal things and I'm sure others will think the total opposite. 18" wheels do look a lot better, but with the standard 17" wheels you still get a fair bit of road noise and the ride can be a bit bumpy so I would try to get a test drive on the 18's before you decide on them. I would pick rebel blue before black, simply because black paint with black leather interior can be a bit dreary and black is hard work to keep clean.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 04:53 PM

Rich java

Hello
My V40 is now one month old, I chose the colour Rich Java from a picture on the Volvo website and was extremely apprehensive to say the least. But "WOW" she looks fabulous in the sunlight, not that we seem to get a great deal of that. But as I said one month on and so many comments as to how nice the car looks. I appreciate colour is a personal thing but take a look you might be sold. I would post some pictures of my car but not sure how to go about it.
egb likes this.
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 05:39 PM

Rich Java is just for V40 Cross Country models it's not available on a V40 R-Design.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Garage
Rich Java, not seen that ?

2016 Ice White V40 T3 R-Design Lux Nav, Xenium Pack, Comfort Pack, R-Design Rear Styling Kit, 18" Ixion Alloys, Rear Glass Tints, Active Xenon Headlights
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 06:13 PM

Garage
Too many Rebels rebelling and picking Rebel Blue, not good for my head

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.