Rebel Blue or Onyx Black?? - Page 3 - Volvo V40 Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jactac View Post
Too many Rebels rebelling and picking Rebel Blue, not good for my head
Put me down for rebel blue also, was unsure when i bought it, love it!
And As darrenT3 said, doesn't look too bad when a little grubby.
Trebor1960 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Cheers for all the replies. I am actually very tempted by the ice white now but I think the panaromaic roof is a must. I'm not sure about the blue, was really keen but i still have that niggling doubt - i'm not sure if I would regret it or not. As my last 3 cars have been black maybe I should have a change.

jactac - Can i just ask....what does the rear styling kit include? I can find any information on it on the website. Do you think they are still doing it?

Thanks again!
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 08:57 PM

Garage
Oh man you wont regret Ice White with the Panoramic roof, and if you add the styling kit its the icing on the cake.

The kit comprises of :

"Exterior Styling Kit for V40 R-design" contains the following parts:
Deflector, side
Deflector, rear
Spoiler, roof

The roof spoiler replaces the standard one, and the deflectors are added to the sill and the rear wheels aches.

I think its £675 fitted ?
It comes pre-painted to match your car.
Each different colour has a different part number for the kit.
Ice White is 39831938

When researching you might find that you see that Volvo offer two types of rear styling kits, but theres just the one for the R-Design.
It's listed as :
"Exterior Styling Kit for V40 R-design"

The other is "Exterior Styling Kit", main difference is the roof spoiler on the R-Design kit is a different style and replaces the original, I dont think it is replaced on the standard kit ?

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...CC-479971/2015

2016 Ice White V40 T3 R-Design Lux Nav, Xenium Pack, Comfort Pack, R-Design Rear Styling Kit, 18" Ixion Alloys, Rear Glass Tints

Last edited by jactac; 01-02-2016 at 09:22 PM.
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-02-2016, 09:15 PM

Garage
When you build your car on the Volvo site you will find the kit on the accessories page at the bottom.

It is definitely still available.

http://www.volvocars.com/uk

2016 Ice White V40 T3 R-Design Lux Nav, Xenium Pack, Comfort Pack, R-Design Rear Styling Kit, 18" Ixion Alloys, Rear Glass Tints
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 12:03 AM

I had the exterior styling kit on my rebel blue v40 made the car look much better. Defiantly recommend it no matter what colour u choose
jactac likes this.
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Ah thank u jactac. I just found the styling kit. It does look very nice. Don't think I have the money for it though after the wheel upgrade and pamoramic roof. Thought I had finally come to a conclusion with Ice White and then I come across this colour....FML ��

http://www.tmsmotorgroup.co.uk/Used-...slideshow=true

Any of you guys seen this colour in the flesh. I think it's a premium metallic colour?
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 11:22 AM

Garage
If your buying new get the dealer to do a "deal" on the kit, theres always room for a bit of movement on the price.

I've seen a silver V40 but not sure if its this particular silver ?

For me, and this is just my opinion, Silver can sometimes look a bit dated, dont get me wrong it looks nice in those pics.
I also found on the silver cars I've had that after washing,polishing & waxing it doesn't really "stand out", it just looks like a cleaner car, but like I say thats just my opinion.

Just to throw in a curve ball have you considered red with the Panoramic roof.
Again its a colour that contrast's well with the black trim and roof, just like Ice White and Rebel Blue.

I would probably say Ice White, Rebel Blue, and the red would be my final 3 choices, but all with the Panoramic roof.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (7.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by jactac; 02-02-2016 at 11:28 AM.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 12:37 PM
egb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewV4oSoon View Post
Ah thank u jactac. I just found the styling kit. It does look very nice. Don't think I have the money for it though after the wheel upgrade and pamoramic roof. Thought I had finally come to a conclusion with Ice White and then I come across this colour....FML ��

http://www.tmsmotorgroup.co.uk/Used-...slideshow=true

Any of you guys seen this colour in the flesh. I think it's a premium metallic colour?
electric silver I think premium with a price to match, a nice shade if you are into silver not the bright in your face silver wheel colour, try haggling at this time of the year, remember February is a slow month for dealers even with a Motability lease I got £500 towards the advance payment when I had already had one for the v40 that was being returned after just 8 months.
jactac likes this.

V40 D2 R powerdrive Lux my15 | Ice white | leather | heated screen / front Seats |

V40 D2 cc powerdrive Lux my15 | Black sapphire | leather | privacy glass | Returned |
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewV4oSoon View Post
Cheers for all the replies. I am actually very tempted by the ice white now but I think the panaromaic roof is a must. I'm not sure about the blue, was really keen but i still have that niggling doubt - i'm not sure if I would regret it or not. As my last 3 cars have been black maybe I should have a change.

jactac - Can i just ask....what does the rear styling kit include? I can find any information on it on the website. Do you think they are still doing it?

Thanks again!
Ice white with panoramic roof was what I had and it was nice, the roof looked good and the chrome surrounds on the windows didn't stand out too bad against the white paint, it's also a no cost paint choice so that offsets the price of the roof a bit. The panoramic roof also makes the interior lighter as black leather and black headlining makes it pretty dark inside, although if you or your passengers are tall I believe the roof reduces the interior headroom slightly. I like the silver but its a fairly expensive paint option, but silver is one of the easiest colours to keep clean and again the chrome blends in with the silver paint well.
jactac likes this.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 01:36 PM

Garage
I do agree with silver being an easy colour to keep looking clean, it never seems to look as dirty as some colours.
I actually think too that white tends to stay looking cleaner longer than black, I know that may sound odd but black just shows up every bit of dust and dirt almost as soon as you've cleaned it.
darrenT3 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.