How practical are blond leather seats - Volvo V40 Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bcl

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
bcl

How practical are blond leather seats

Hi All
I'm thinking of ordering a V40 Inscription in Denim Blue and choosing blond leather for the seats. I've had black/charcoal leather in previous cars, and it's always stayed looking very good, but I'm wondering if the pale option is likely to mark too easily. Can anyone who's had blond leather advise whether this is a problem, and/or recommend any anti-staining potions that would be worth applying from new.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 02:03 PM

Hi bcl
Have a look at the last few posts in the thread entitled Agony Of Choice. You will find a few differing opinions on there. Btw, P10G Blonde is a great colour.

D2 SE Lux Biarritz Blue 2012 - 2015
T3 SE Lux Nav Geartronic Power Blue 2015 -
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
bcl

Thanks for the steer . Reassuringly there doesn't seem to be anyone saying it marks horrendously, and I do think it looks nice with the blue and gives the interior a light and airy feel.

Still open to any other opinions, and also any recommendations for effective leather protector treatments.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 08:03 PM

Yes it was me who posted about the blonde leather earlier. General consensus is it's pretty good & keeps in good nick so long as you treat it & clean it regularly. And don't wear jeans... I'm going for it anyway & I do 25k + miles per year so wish me luck!

Also my Alfa GTV V6 has a cream leather interior. It's done 75k miles & it looks in great condition ... but again it does involve elbow grease, leather cleaner etc every few weeks to keep the seats clean & looking great. You don't need to do this anywhere near as much with black or dark leather.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 22-10-2016, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
bcl

Thanks both, I've decided to go for the blond leather too!
Brigstowe likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 29-10-2016, 09:26 AM

I have owned a cross country with the two tone blonde / grey seats for almost three years now and have had no trouble at all apart from getting a bit grubby but a quick wipe with a leather cleaner cloth soon sorts it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 29-10-2016, 10:30 PM

The only seats I would personally avoid are the beige / blonde fabric seats. These I imagine would be a nightmare to keep clean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.