Took the plunge - Volvo V40 Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jamie Mulligan

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-11-2016, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Took the plunge

Just ordered a new V40 R-Design T2 Ice White with the Nav plus and tinted windows

Cannot wait, coming from a MK3 seat Leon which although based on the golf isn't all it's cracked up to be, after having a handbrake failure that meant I needed a new door and bits of interior trim creaking and rattling due to cheap plastics used I can't wait to get rid.

Was told by the dealer delivery early Feb but stuck my build number into My Volvo which said 7 weeks until delivery which is promising (26th December), having said that I log in now and it says it can't find my car and it has lost connection to the server oh dear.

So I get to join the rest of you guys shortly

:-)
Stueeee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 03:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mulligan View Post
Just ordered a new V40 R-Design T2 Ice White with the Nav plus and tinted windows

Cannot wait, coming from a MK3 seat Leon which although based on the golf isn't all it's cracked up to be, after having a handbrake failure that meant I needed a new door and bits of interior trim creaking and rattling due to cheap plastics used I can't wait to get rid.

Was told by the dealer delivery early Feb but stuck my build number into My Volvo which said 7 weeks until delivery which is promising (26th December), having said that I log in now and it says it can't find my car and it has lost connection to the server oh dear.

Welcome to Volvo ownership (its gonna be a long 7 weeks for you)
I couldn't wait so had a stock unregistered one off the peg in a similar colour that exceeded my wish list spec (except spare wheel, I later found out) for a good deal and 7 days delivery.
I've had several SEATs and always found them better than VW for spec and handling. My partner has current FR which is pretty flawless so I guess you had a runt.
I hope you've specced your new Volvo up carefully and thought of all the must have options?
As you will discover on these pages, very few can be retro-fitted ;-(
Post your pix up when it arrives

Volvo V40 Convert
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 08:54 AM
egb

welcome to the forum, a great choice of colour and with privacy glass to boot, being we had to return a car and take delivery before the end of the march we also took a stock car which was still on order but in the system, so have had to add Volvo sun blinds which are fine and removable at end of lease, I would go by the dealer delivery time though as they were right on the button with both our v40s, time to download the manual and go though it now.

V40 D2 R powerdrive Lux my15 | Ice white | leather | heated screen / front Seats |

V40 D2 cc powerdrive Lux my15 | Black sapphire | leather | privacy glass | Returned |
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Cheers guys :-)

Yeah I studied the options list for quite a while and ordered the stuff I felt I needed that I didn't get when I ordered my seat, the only thing I missed out on was the heated front seats I thought about it long and hard but I'm the strange kind of person that actually enjoys winter and waiting for the car to warm up and defrost so the winter pack would take the fun out of that haha.

I am probably still hurt about the seat which is why I don't like it very much, parked it on my driveway 6 weeks into owning it and parked up got out next minute a loud bang and the car rolls down the drive and rips the door back off it's hinges

Turns out there is loads of people on the forums that have had faulty hand brakes from VW group and now they are changing them all to electronic even the seat.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mulligan View Post

Hi and welcome, could you tell me where you got you build number from please, I just ordered my new one two weeks ago.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanV40R View Post
Hi and welcome, could you tell me where you got you build number from please, I just ordered my new one two weeks ago.
My sales person emailed it to me when i ordered the car :-) , what have you gone for?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 11:00 AM

I have gone for the v40 T3 R-Design auto on Osmium Grey, got my order number, it was in my paperwork but when I input it, it says car not found, it was ordered on the 31/10 and I have a delivery date of 23/12 so I'm starting to get a little concerned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.