DRL, Power drivers seat and driver door console stopped working - Volvo V40 Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By buzby
  • 1 Post By anixie

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 13-09-2016, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

DRL, Power drivers seat and driver door console stopped working

For some reason, my V40 has delevoped a few seemingly unconnected faults at once.

Firstly, I get a message saying the daylight running lights have developed a fault each time I start the car. Checked the front and the passenger side light has gone :-(

Then I noticed that the window & mirror switches on the driver's door stopped working. The window still works fine when I use the key fob and I can use the door lock button ok but I can't open/close the windows or adjust the mirrors from my seat, which is annoying.

Then, when I go to check the fuses under the driver's seat I couldn't adjust the power seat at all! Checked the fuse for that but it didn't appear to be blown so it's obviously something a bit more serious.

Has anyone else experienced any of the above problems? I'll be getting it booked in to TMS to get it all sorted but anything that can pinpoint the issue would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 13-09-2016, 11:36 AM

Garage
No idea unfortunately but you've done the right thing in getting it booked in. Is the car still under warranty?

I was lucky in only having the glovebox light to a few weeks after buying new, it turned out to be a switch.

2015 V40 T4 R Design Lux Nav | Rebel Blue | Xenium Pack | Lux Winter Pack | Autodimming Mirror | Premium Sound by HK
Dark Tinted Rear & Cargo Windows | Polestar Upgrade
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-09-2016, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Yes, it's still under warranty thankfully. Booked in to TMS Hinckley a week on Friday for them to sort it out.

Since my original post, the boot & glovebox lights have stopped working and the gearknob is no longer illuminated :-(
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-09-2016, 12:48 PM

That all sounds like a connector working itself loose somewhere in the loom...

V40 D4 Summum R-Design Caspian Blue Metallic, with a tad of Rica magic applied
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 14-09-2016, 10:01 PM

All the things that have stopped working are either driven directly by outputs from the Central Electronic Module, or are driven via the CAN or LIN communication buses from the CEM. It wouldn't surprise me if your CEM is on the blink (it's similar symptoms to what happenes on some of the old S40/V40s when a water leak at the bottom of the windscreen would run down the firewall and get into the CEM), or as Anixie says there is a loose connector (though the loom connectors the plug into the CEM are large cam-locking connectors that need to be operated to unplug them).
Kiboomiz likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Well TMS have had my car back in today for a proper look at the problem. They called this afternoon to say they'd located & resolved the issue, apparently it's all caused by a short circuit in the passenger side sun visor!

Picking it up tomorrow morning so I'll check they've sorted it all out, but the bulb warning message has gone when I check the On Call app so it looks good.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-10-2016, 09:09 PM

Bit mad these modern cars.... A sun visor disabling half the car ?

Kinda funny. When in my 22 year old Celica a light goes out, I KNOW I have to replace a bulb. And when the ignition fails, it costs 50 euro to replace the control module.....
Bit sad, since the Celica will be sold and replaced with a RCZ .... Oh well..
Kiboomiz likes this.

V40 D4 Summum R-Design Caspian Blue Metallic, with a tad of Rica magic applied
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.