Passenger seat damage? - Opinions? - Page 2 - Volvo V40 Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 11:33 PM

Garage
I suspect you are about to get a pretty clear indication of the "real" care factor of your dealer...
Your biggest enemy is the time elapsed since it was serviced.
It opens the door for the dealer to take the cop out route & simply say "That happened AFTER you picked up the car mate"

If they go down that path I'd be looking for another dealer but if they say bring it back & we'll see what we can do... it shows they care about keeping your business.
Best of luck with getting it sorted out Dave
IamDave likes this.

MY 2015 Black Sapphire T5 R-Design, DSP, Heated Front Seats, Tinted Windows, 18" Ixion II's, Bi-Xenons with ABL & AHB, Polestar. Visit my garage for full Oz R-Design specs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateStarter View Post
I suspect you are about to get a pretty clear indication of the "real" care factor of your dealer...

Your biggest enemy is the time elapsed since it was serviced.

It opens the door for the dealer to take the cop out route & simply say "That happened AFTER you picked up the car mate"

If they go down that path I'd be looking for another dealer but if they say bring it back & we'll see what we can do... it shows they care about keeping your business.

Best of luck with getting it sorted out Dave
Unfortunately I suspect the same. I could have and probably should have gone straight back up or at least rung them but it was hard to see properly by the time I got home (it was dark by then) and then I thought I'd leave it a day see if it sorts itself out.

I'll be escalating it as far and as wide as I can if needs be whether it gets results is something else.

Fortunately there is another dealer about another 20 minutes minutes in the opposite direction. They're part of the same group though but supposedly (according to a good mate of mine) better than the current one I'm using but we'll see!

I'll either be back on here singing their praises or ranting and raving!

Sent from my  iPhone

2015 V40 T4 R Design Lux Nav | Rebel Blue | Xenium Pack | Lux Winter Pack | Autodimming Mirror | Premium Sound by HK
Dark Tinted Rear & Cargo Windows | Polestar Upgrade
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
So, a little update:

Initially I sent the email to an old email address. Found the correct email address and sent the message again last night.

Low and behold I had a call from the dealer this morning wanting to discuss it with me (very speedy response).
I asked what I could do if anything he suggested the same as above (to take it out with someone in the seat and seat heater on). But he also said he would be more than happy to replace the seat cover if wanted, whether that be tomorrow or two months down the line. I thought this was actually rather good of them and I didn't have to ask!

The tread depths, he told me they may measure in different places (not sure how much I believe this) but did seem to be concerned as to whether they had tried to push new tyres on me (reassuring to know this isn't a supported practice by the sounds of it!) and offered for me to bring the car back in if I wanted to have them re checked and discuss it (I'm happy with my own measurements though).

All in all I was actually rather pleased at the outcome, I've had the reassurance that if the damage can't be rectified they'll replace the affected cover and he says it will be brought up at their meeting tomorrow (I did say I wasn't complaining to have somebody hung out to dry) so that they can essentially be aware of it.

This has restored my faith in the dealership, at least I know that they are concerned with poor experiences and keen to ensure these are rectified.

Sent from my  iPhone
LateStarter and Pyrean like this.

2015 V40 T4 R Design Lux Nav | Rebel Blue | Xenium Pack | Lux Winter Pack | Autodimming Mirror | Premium Sound by HK
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 05:18 PM

Good luck! Hope this annoying seat issue gets sorted soon.
IamDave likes this.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 06:31 PM

Garage
I would advise the dealer of this problem,and if the seat didn't return to it's original state after a week, then get them to resolve the issue.
IamDave likes this.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 09:08 PM

Garage
"petty" Dave, definitly NOT !!!!!

Annoying, frustrating and totally p*ssed off would be my take on things.

You could try a decent leather conditioner/softner, I use Maquires which is good, failing that get the dealer or the guy with the fat arse to sort it out.
IamDave likes this.

2016 Ice White V40 T3 R-Design Lux Nav, Xenium Pack, Comfort Pack, R-Design Rear Styling Kit, 18" Ixion Alloys, Rear Glass Tints
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I went it for a short run out today with someone in the seat and the heater on full for about 20 minutes/half an hour and it has actually made a dramatic improvement so hopefully another run out or two should resolve it!

I've got some cleaner and leather protector which I might give it a going over with, hopefully just the action of putting it on/buffing off might help a little too!

Sent from my  iPhone

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 11:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDave View Post
This has restored my faith in the dealership, at least I know that they are concerned with poor experiences and keen to ensure these are rectified.
Great result on both fronts mate!
Very glad to hear it!
We all paid good money for our cars & deserve great dealer service to go along with them!
First I've ever heard of an issue being resolved by sitting on it tho!!
Are you channeling Joanie Cunningham by any chance?
IamDave likes this.

MY 2015 Black Sapphire T5 R-Design, DSP, Heated Front Seats, Tinted Windows, 18" Ixion II's, Bi-Xenons with ABL & AHB, Polestar. Visit my garage for full Oz R-Design specs.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 12:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateStarter View Post
Great result on both fronts mate!
Very glad to hear it!
We all paid good money for our cars & deserve great dealer service to go along with them!
First I've ever heard of an issue being resolved by sitting on it tho!!
Are you channeling Joanie Cunningham by any chance?
What you need is Rebel Wilson in the front passenger seat, with a blast through the country roads in the dales.
IamDave likes this.

V40 D4 R Design Nav Auto White + all the toys
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-01-2017, 04:54 PM

Garage
Dave,

Had a very similar mark left on my rear bench seat when I purchased my car second hand, I found heat to be one of the best ways to improve it.

To remove the mark on my seat I place a large microfiber cloth over the affected area to help protect it, then with the use of a hand held steam cleaner applied heat for 25-30 seconds at a time then massaged the leather by hand to help reform/shape it.

It took about an hours work but the improvement was pretty good with only one deeper mark still being present now.

Worth a try
IamDave likes this.

2014 Volvo V40 D2 R Design Lux Nav - Rebel blue, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Rear Park assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Upgraded Sound Multimedia, TV, DVD, Xenons, Full leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.