Passenger seat damage? - Opinions? - Volvo V40 Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Passenger seat damage? - Opinions?

Took my car in for service and a recall program this week and when I got it home that evening I noticed the passenger seat looked a bit odd under the interior lights. The next morning I looked and there were numerous indentations in the seat (picture below).

Now this has been caused by someone at the garage. I suspect either putting something heavy on the seat or kneeling/sitting on it or on something on the seat. It's been two days since I got it back and it hasn't 'rebounded' so I emailed the dealer about this and the fact they mislead me on my tread depths.

What do people think, is it likely to return to normal, anything I can do or is it likely to be damaged and stay like this? I did mention in my email that if this ends up being permanently damaged I want it rectifying.

Some people may find it petty, however when I've spent around £30k on a car I take it to the dealers with the expectation they're more likely to look after it. I don't expect them to start damaging things, especially without mentioning anything to me.

Sent from my  iPhone

2015 V40 T4 R Design Lux Nav | Rebel Blue | Xenium Pack | Lux Winter Pack | Autodimming Mirror | Premium Sound by HK
Dark Tinted Rear & Cargo Windows | Polestar Upgrade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 01:39 PM

thats strange, looks like a pair of pants with the belt loop and pockets indenting it, must have been one heavy person.
I would give it a week and see if it returns its shape after having a few other people sit on it.

Then i would get the dealer to fix the damage because like you say thats a lot of money to spend on a car and leather doesn't age gracefully at the best of times it doesn't need speeding along by a rather large mechanic
IamDave likes this.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mulligan View Post
thats strange, looks like a pair of pants with the belt loop and pockets indenting it, must have been one heavy person.
I would give it a week and see if it returns its shape after having a few other people sit on it.

Then i would get the dealer to fix the damage because like you say thats a lot of money to spend on a car and leather doesn't age gracefully at the best of times it doesn't need speeding along by a rather large mechanic
I must admit I hadn't noticed the shape on the seat, you're right looks like they've sat in it (probably to sort the rattle out!) and must've had too many pies for lunch!

I emailed them this morning anyway but will see how it goes!

Sent from my  iPhone

2015 V40 T4 R Design Lux Nav | Rebel Blue | Xenium Pack | Lux Winter Pack | Autodimming Mirror | Premium Sound by HK
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 04:14 PM

Not good! Does the seat heater still work ok? I've no idea where the element is.
IamDave likes this.

D2 SE Lux Biarritz Blue 2012 - 2015
T3 SE Lux Nav Geartronic Power Blue 2015 -
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
That's a good point. I haven't tried actually. I would've thought it would take considerable force to damage that though so hopefully it will be alright!

Sent from my  iPhone
Brigstowe likes this.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 05:47 PM

As has been said above. it looks like someone has sat in it wearing jeans with something the the back pockets.

Has anybody sat in the seat since it was at the garage? The leather probably just needs a bit of weight and heat on it to stretch back to it's normal shape. If the weather was a bit warmer the heat from the sun might have done it for you.
IamDave likes this.

Last edited by buzby; 31-12-2016 at 05:49 PM.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Passenger seat damage? - Opinions?

I have had someone sat in it for about five minutes but that's it. Maybe that can be my New Year's Day. I'll sit in the car for an hour with the seat heater on!

I'll keep and eye on it and have a drive out somewhere and force someone to come with me see if it helps. I'm still a bit annoyed that it's even happened in the first place. I would've thought they'd have some sort of cover to put over the seat when they're working on them (granted I suppose it may not have made a difference).

Sent from my  iPhone

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 10:50 PM

Garage
My opinion eh Dave?!... Certainly!!
My expectation of dealer service work is my car should be returned to me in AT LEAST as good condition as when it arrived... Preferably BETTER!!
This is a definite FAIL Dave!! Especially under Volvo's much hyped Service 2.0.

I'd be tempted to hit it with some Autoglym or whatever you use on your leather & take it for a good run with the seat occupied.
If that doesn't at least start to diminish it I'd be back at the dealer for a please explain... or as I'd be tempted to put it... WTF?
IamDave likes this.

MY 2015 Sapphire Black T5 R-Design, DSP, Heated Front Seats, Tinted Windows, 18" Ixion II's, Bi-Xenons with ABL & AHB, Polestar.
Visit my garage for full Oz R-Design specs.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 11:06 PM

Garage
Memory seats ?
Stueeee and IamDave like this.

V4O CC D3 Lux nav. 2014 Grey WP XP DSP 18" Mefitis Ext styling kit Sensus connect TFT display Spare wheel, boot thing and knob light
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 31-12-2016, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateStarter View Post
My opinion eh Dave?!... Certainly!!

My expectation of dealer service work is my car should be returned to me in AT LEAST as good condition as when it arrived... Preferably BETTER!!

This is a definite FAIL Dave!! Especially under Volvo's much hyped Service 2.0.

I'd be tempted to hit it with some Autoglym or whatever you use on your leather & take it for a good run with the seat occupied.

If that doesn't at least start to diminish it I'd be back at the dealer for a please explain... or as I'd be tempted to put it... WTF?

I like your opinion!

I've got some Gtechniq stuff kicking about might go over it with a cleaner and protector see if it helps at all then see about taking it for a run.

I was rather restrained in my email to them actually so we'll go from there! Hopefully it might resolve itself with a little persuasion but as I pointed out in the email I take it to them trusting they'll take care of it, if I wanted it wrecking I'd take it elsewhere and get it done cheaper!

I'll await their reply as well but if they want to play silly buggers I'm all for it!

Sent from my  iPhone

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.