TFT Display Eco - Page 2 - Volvo V40 Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 07:41 AM

Garage
I usually have the Performance display on, for the same reasons as anixie, but I did try the Eco display for a short while but couldnt really get my head round the eco gauge on the left hand side.
Theres a small marker that seems to be set at a fixed point, and another one that raises and lowers according to your speed & revs ect, but I couldnt work out what the fixed marker was there for, or how the gauge actually was feeding back any results.
As for waiting to see if a letter "e" popped up, well if I'm honest I gave up within 10 minutes and switched to the Elegance mode just for a change.

2016 Ice White V40 T3 R-Design Lux Nav, Xenium Pack, Comfort Pack, R-Design Rear Styling Kit, 18" Ixion Alloys, Rear Glass Tints
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 08:33 AM

I was really intrigued with the "e", particularly because I came from a small 1.6l car to a V40 T5.

To get the "e" top display you have to move the "stationary" marker on the eco gauge to the top of the gauge. The "stationary" marker moves slowly in stages as your average economical way of driving improves. I'm not sure, but I think it recalculates every km and adjusts the "stationary" marker. You'll have to keep the "floating" indicator as high as possible, to the point where the display shows a light blue "glow at the top. At that stage you know you are driving "optimally", according to the car anyway. It is possible to use less fuel while driving faster than what the eco gauge wants.

Keeping the top section of the eco gauge glowing blue for between 5 to 10km should result in a "e" showing up.

To keep the glowing blue top section you'll have to mind your speed, keep it between 50 and 95km/h (100km/h without aircon).

I often get the "e" driving from work to home as there is a 5km straight level road with a 60km speed limit with only two traffic lights. However, as soon as the traffic gets a bit busier and I have slow down to 40km/h, the economy gauge gets upset.

I have stopped worrying about the "e" sign as I can get the same fuel consumption with or without it, but it did help teach me how to drive the T5 economically. Now that I know that the T5 is lighter on fuel than my old 1.6l Alfa, I am even more impressed with the V40.

Anyway, I prefer the eco skin on the display as the colours seem a bit calmer and helps to relax me in traffic. I do miss the temperature gauge on the eco skin though and sometimes I switch back to elegance or sport, just to see if everything is still OK on hot days.
dimkolis likes this.

Volvo V40 T5 Geartronic
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 09:29 AM

There's software engineer somewhere in Volvo R&D reading this thread and gently chuckling at the mischief they've created
Pyrean, jactac and nestornudo like this.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017, 03:03 PM

Garage
I think then I may need educating in my driving style because the "stationary" marker is almost at the bottom of the gauge at the moment !!!!

2016 Ice White V40 T3 R-Design Lux Nav, Xenium Pack, Comfort Pack, R-Design Rear Styling Kit, 18" Ixion Alloys, Rear Glass Tints
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.