V40 CC D3 Geartronic (2016) - Volvo V40 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 15-10-2016, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

V40 CC D3 Geartronic (2016)

Helloo
I need your help. If someone drive automatic v40 (not the one with 8 gears with dual clutch..). Can you tell me if this is normal condition when you release throttle pedal? This rpm drop to 800? And if you go on 0:22 and 0:42 when i start accelerate you can see rpm just stay.. like cvt transmission
But keep in mind, the eco+ mode is disabled.
And this happen most of the time when car is cold and outside is below 10°C.

Just need to know if this happen in your cars too and it's normal condition or there is something wrong with my transmission.

The link of the video is here:
https://youtu.be/q8Sog7neanc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 15-10-2016, 07:07 PM

Garage
Hello, I have such a D3 (6-speed Geartronic). I tried out what you said today and didn't notice the effect that you report. However, it was not below 10°C today here, actually getting up towards 20
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 15-10-2016, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for answer
Hmmm.. I dont know.. need someone to try when its below 10°C too maybe tomorow morning hehe
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 23-10-2016, 04:26 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yy1svrp27a...50kmh.mp4?dl=0

Ciao. Excuse me for my English. I have a volvo v40 cross country D2 1.6 with powershift and I have a problem similar to yours. When I go to 50 kmh change lowers the engine at 800rpm. I asked volvo to solve the problem but it's been two years and this problem remained. The unit will not be mistakes and they do not know what to do. Good luck.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 25-10-2016, 11:58 PM
gsm

Garage
Hi, I have automatic D3 and also dind't notice such a behavior. Temperature here is not even close to that cold tho...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 26-10-2016, 03:12 PM

Hi,
I have a 8-speed Geartronic and I think I see the same on my car. When I take my foot off the accelerator the gearbox seems to go into a coasting mode, almost a like a type of neutral. I do not really know how these torque converters work, so I'm not sure if its normal, but I think so. It also takes a little while to respond again when I put my foot back on the accelerator. It does sometimes sound like the gearbox is in too high a gear at first and then eventually gets back to normal after a second or two. Normally this is not a problem if I'm following normal traffic. To get the gearbox to respond faster and stay in gear I use sport mode.

Volvo V40 T5 Geartronic
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-11-2016, 08:35 PM

Garage
Most conventional autos do this, usually if you apply the brakes the transmission reconnects to add some engine braking, at least mine does. The eight speed auto is not dual clutch it's the same geartronic but slightly more advanced. I've actually driven dct cars which do it to, I think it's just and economy thing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once over the hill you begin to pick up speed!
D2 Geartronic CC Lux Nav, with winter pack, Raw Copper.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-11-2016, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Ok. I drive another v40 with the same engine and same gearbox and same model year. And the car drives the same like mine. All things are exactly the same like on my car
Now I know this is just normal condition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.