Eibach springs and spacers - Page 9 - Volvo V40 Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #81 of 88 (permalink) Old 18-03-2015, 02:55 AM

I got my summer wheels back on today and can confirm that the 17" Ixion will not fit with either the 20 or 25mm H&R Trak+ spacers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-04-2015, 05:29 PM

So, here is how the car looks after installing the Eibach Pro Kit and new summer wheels.
Four wheel alignment after installing the springs is really important, and I suggest having an experienced Volvo mechanic doing it. Apparently the correct angles are changed by Volvo once in a while, and not every workshops alignment systems have access to these angles.
Wheels are Autec Wizard 8x18" ET45 with 225/40 tires. The Wizard wheels are quite light, only 9kg whereas for instance the Ymir, which is only 7,5" is 9,9kg and the IxionII is 11 kg. The alternative was OZ Ultraleggera, but found them too expensive in the end.
The 8" ET45 leaves space for approximately 5mm spacers front and 10mm rear. But for now, I´m very pleased with the looks of it all.

Best regards
H.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (297.9 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (281.9 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (255.5 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (281.0 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (272.9 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (250.0 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (275.4 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (249.2 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (244.2 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by Herup; 11-04-2015 at 08:48 PM.
post #83 of 88 (permalink) Old 28-06-2015, 02:42 PM
V40

It looks really nice! Did you kept the original volvo shocks?

V40 D4 Summum Osmium Beauty
post #84 of 88 (permalink) Old 31-03-2016, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicokawa View Post
Hello!

Lowering springs do not wear prematurely dampers?

Comfort level with springs?

Thanks
Just an update: looks like the stock shocks may be going soon.

My office downramp has a hump at the top of it. All this while it was fine, but 2 weeks ago, the undercarriage was rubbing on it... even when I tried going dead-slow speed.

Handling-wise, there doesn't seem to have any discernible deterioration (yet?).

With around 8 months to go till end of warranty, maybe I should set my sights on the Bilstien B8s.

< 2013 T4 R-Design / P* tune / Eibach spacers & springs / 100mm Ti tips / Heico-style flank decals / Dave Barton's moose / OE Revozport A45 spoiler / Advan RSII / Aeroworkz lip / OE Roush extractors / GruppeM intake / de-chromed trim / carbon-wrapped mirrors / painted calipers >
post #85 of 88 (permalink) Old 31-03-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by axl886 View Post
Just an update: looks like the stock shocks may be going soon.

My office downramp has a hump at the top of it. All this while it was fine, but 2 weeks ago, the undercarriage was rubbing on it... even when I tried going dead-slow speed.

Handling-wise, there doesn't seem to have any discernible deterioration (yet?).

With around 8 months to go till end of warranty, maybe I should set my sights on the Bilstien B8s.
Isn't that more likely to be a sign that the springs are sagging or wear in the suspension bushes, rather than a problem with the dampers? Worn seals or leaks on dampers shouldn't change the ride height, it just reduces the ability of the damper to control oscillations in the suspension.
Brigstowe and axl886 like this.

Last edited by buzby; 31-03-2016 at 09:02 AM.
post #86 of 88 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzby View Post
Isn't that more likely to be a sign that the springs are sagging or wear in the suspension bushes, rather than a problem with the dampers? Worn seals or leaks on dampers shouldn't change the ride height, it just reduces the ability of the damper to control oscillations in the suspension.
You might be right... but my friend was saying it might be the internals worn, even though there may not be any external signs of leaks. Anyway, I have 1 more servicing till the warranty ends in Nov. Will request the CS to examine thoroughly the bushings and shocks. Thanks for the headsup buzby.

< 2013 T4 R-Design / P* tune / Eibach spacers & springs / 100mm Ti tips / Heico-style flank decals / Dave Barton's moose / OE Revozport A45 spoiler / Advan RSII / Aeroworkz lip / OE Roush extractors / GruppeM intake / de-chromed trim / carbon-wrapped mirrors / painted calipers >
post #87 of 88 (permalink) Old 11-04-2016, 04:49 AM Thread Starter

Oh gosh... guess what guys. Must apologize for giving the wrong intel.

Turns out my undercarriage was scraping the hump, cos of a slow leak in my front right tyre (was 14 PSI) when I checked last Fri. After replacing the tyres (fraying on the inner edges after 51k km), I can clear the hump without any problem.

So I guess the shocks are still OKAY.

post #88 of 88 (permalink) Old 21-06-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obermuh View Post
Here are some shots of mine. 30mm lowering and 20/25mm (per side) combo with 225/40 R18 tires on the Volvo Midir wheels (offset 52.5).

If anyone is interested, I am getting rid of my H&R Spacers due to the move to 235/35 R19 Heico Volution VII Wheels waiting for the summer to finally arrive Just send me a PM
Hi there,

Did you ever fit the 19''s and do you need to fit spacers? I have the 19'' Artio Volvo alloys and looking to lower it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.