Volvo V40 Forums banner

Pegasus rims on V40.. ever done before?

12K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Cyrus Au Yeung 
#1 · (Edited)
Pegasus [R rims] on V40.. ever done before?

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum. I used to drive a Dutch made V40 2.0T from '01 years ago as a company car. Most likely going to order a new Belgian made V40 again later this year.
I'd like to know if someone already tried fitting original Volvo R Pegasus rims onto a V40??
As far as I can tell the boldpattern and hub size are the same between the V40 and the S60/V70. Rim width and ET might be different though.

I think they would look absolutely badass on a Rebel blue Rdesign!
Anyone any input..

These are them: http://volvovelgen.com/upload/image...ilver-velgen-nieuw-v70r-s60r-origineel(2).jpg

Cheers.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
According to what the internet is telling me these should be the spec's:

V40
- Midir
Size: 7.5J x 18
PCD: 5x108
Bore: 63.4
ET: 52,5
All 16" and 17" rims have an ET of 50

V70R - Pegasus
Size: 8J x 18
PCD: 5x108
Bore: 65.1
ET: 46

This would mean a 0.85mm spacer for the centre hub and a ~5mm spacer to compensate for the offset...

Does anyone have any pictures of this rim under a V40? I searched far and deep, but no luck.

#11 ·
Thanks for posting the pics of your V40 with the 18 x 8 Pegasus rims. They look great.
They look clean and simple......
All the other rims offered by Volvo look too "Busy".
I just bought a V40 Cross Country (Biarritz Blue) here in Phuket Thailand.
Just this afternoon I saw the 18 x 8 Peg rims at a shop next door to the dealership here in Phuket.
Your info re the spacers is a great help.
After more than 25 years of driving SUV's and Pick-up trucks here in Asia and back home in Canada, I'm more than ready for my new V40. Can't wait to take delivery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.