Oh No my new R-Design is ruined :-( - Page 2 - Volvo V40 Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 14-08-2014, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Beeping all over the show

http://youtu.be/g0cCDRW8Bjc

First 10 seconds and at around 2:23 the beeping can be heard clearly even over the loud radio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 14-08-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodge123 View Post
Attachment 2137

Photo of the "Quality Button" they fitted, apparently they have fitted loads of these and never had a complaint to date.
Because most people don't care about their car hence kerbed rims from bouncing up the kerb, scraped bumpers, scratched sills& door cards, tissue boxes in the back window and rubber bumper things on doors as they don't car what they hit with them etc
VoodooBOB likes this.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 14-08-2014, 11:25 PM

I agree with denn1s on this one, and will add that how this progresses will depend on what exactly was agreed and if/how it was documented.

Was the promise to retrofit front sensors documented and did it specify the Volvo front sensors?

If so then the conversation with the dealer is straightforward. If not, then they may argue that they have done what was agreed by retrofitting the aftermarket sensors. Without something written down specifying the use of Volvo parts it could be a difficult case to argue.

Also, if memory serves, one can't specify just front sensors, I believe they have to be ordered along with Park Assist Pilot.

Let us know how you get on.
Yellowbelly likes this.
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 14-08-2014, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
I agree with denn1s on this one, and will add that how this progresses will depend on what exactly was agreed and if/how it was documented.

Was the promise to retrofit front sensors documented and did it specify the Volvo front sensors?

If so then the conversation with the dealer is straightforward. If not, then they may argue that they have done what was agreed by retrofitting the aftermarket sensors. Without something written down specifying the use of Volvo parts it could be a difficult case to argue.

Also, if memory serves, one can't specify just front sensors, I believe they have to be ordered along with Park Assist Pilot.

Let us know how you get on.
The promise to retrofit was documented, but alas no mention of only using Volvo sensors.

Although, I do believe the sensors in the front bumper are genuine Volvo parts as they are identical to the factory fitted rear ones., its just what's controlling them that is somehow cobbled together.

Will keep posting if only as a warning to others, thanks for all the advice.
denn1s likes this.
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 14-08-2014, 11:56 PM

Ah so not so bad as it sounds, at worse they could give you the money back for the sensors and you just have them turned off all the time, not ideal but at least they are not huge ugly things sticking out like a soar thumb.

Keep it calm and work on their good will is the best method of reaching an amicable settlement
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 15-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Kev

It sounds like the dealer has done what was agreed?

I hope you can get some satisfaction from this.
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 15-08-2014, 06:59 AM

As you can see in the V40 pricelist front sensors (Volvo) can't be retrofitted.. no in the accessoires list..

Only available when you order Parkpilot..

So therefore the dealer could not install original front sensors.
Because the original cables and software was not in the car.

V40 D4 R-Design MY15 Polestar tuning
V40 D2 Summum Passion Red
MY12, blond/blond/charcoal leather, 18" Midir summer 17" Mannan winter.
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 15-08-2014, 09:49 AM

God that is aweful, no way on earth i would accept that. When i have equited about parking sensors. Even the dealership steered me away from getting the cheap kit
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 15-08-2014, 02:24 PM

"never had a complaint to date" lol thats utter BS.

Make sure that you get them to put a proper Volvo system on, if they don't then I would look at breech of agreement and get them the refund you on the car.

That "thing" they have put on your car is utterly unacceptable.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 15-08-2014, 06:04 PM

Bad enough that it's been done like this, but your button doesn't even look new.
denn1s likes this.

D2 R design
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.