Oh No my new R-Design is ruined :-( - Page 3 - Volvo V40 Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 16-08-2014, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Update - Good News

Spoke with the Sales manager today and they have finally agreed that they should have indicated they intended to fit third party sensors.

Apparently they need to order another car same as mine but with front and read parking sensors then when it arrives they will swap all the parts from that car to mine. This includes swapping the bumper due to the way the sensors are configured. He assures me this will all be done by Volvo Master fit Technicians and all parts will be genuine new Volvo parts. He said there will be a delay til this car arrives of 7-10 days.

I asked him on the phone to confirm this in an email and as yet he hasn't so I'm not yet home and dry but at least they are moving in the right direction.

Thanks for the advice and moral support, Ill keep you informed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 16-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Kev

Blimey, I don't think I would trust that dealer. You never know what you will get? I feel for the person that gets the car they are ripping bits off to place on yours. Does not seem right to me?

I would still be pretty pissed off if I was you. A new car and some parts of it are effectively being dismantled and you have hardly had it. No way!
stratosHD likes this.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 16-08-2014, 08:11 PM

Just like to add my little experience here.

I just picked up my V40 a week ago.

It was an ex-Volvo car, had rear parking sensors and while just having a 'chat' with the sales person about how it would be nice to have options fitted on the car I was buying, he 'clarified' to me that I can indeed have front sensors retro-fitted to my car (amongst certain other things) !

I asked if they were the proper job, he confirmed they will be the exact same ones as on a new car, parts will be ordered from Volvo and the $tealership fit them for me - it will then also complete the full park pilot system (minus the camera as the cost was going up !) - cost about £700

About 4-5 hours of work, but they prefer the car to be left there all day to make sure everything is done.

Now I have front and rear park assist and Park Pilot and have been using it without any problems. A new P button is in the floating console for when I want to use Park Pilot (although I haven't worked it out as I have had no time to even open the RIDICULOUSLY FAT Owner's manual

But there you go....it certainly is do-able.
MichelR likes this.
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 16-08-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodge123 View Post
Spoke with the Sales manager today and they have finally agreed that they should have indicated they intended to fit third party sensors.

Apparently they need to order another car same as mine but with front and read parking sensors then when it arrives they will swap all the parts from that car to mine. This includes swapping the bumper due to the way the sensors are configured. He assures me this will all be done by Volvo Master fit Technicians and all parts will be genuine new Volvo parts. He said there will be a delay til this car arrives of 7-10 days.

I asked him on the phone to confirm this in an email and as yet he hasn't so I'm not yet home and dry but at least they are moving in the right direction.

Thanks for the advice and moral support, Ill keep you informed.
I would ask for them to confirm in an email they will be fitting the genuine parts etc and what warranty will be on them.

I am surprised they could get a car that quick unless they have loads of them sat in a yard somewhere, normally cars with specific options take 12 weeks.

Also if they can get one that quick why didn't they sell you the replacement instead of the one you have?

I hope they do what is promised and don't worry about the car they are left with, it is not your problem.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 17-08-2014, 11:03 AM
Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by denn1s View Post
don't worry about the car they are left with, it is not your problem.
I would agree in this respect, but my point is not about that car. I would be more annoyed about my own BRAND NEW car that this dealer is working on. Its just madness.
denn1s likes this.

Last edited by Kev; 17-08-2014 at 11:05 AM.
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 18-08-2014, 01:13 PM

Appalling story, and my sympathies to poor ol' Slodge!

No matter what the resolution, Volvo UK needs to be made aware of the fact this dealer is misrepresenting its work, and has the brass ballocks to boast to having done it many times. It diminishes the parent company's reputation, and They too need to be made aware that is not acceptable given they pitch themselves as a premium brand, with commensurately high prices!
lmafudd and DefinitelyV40 like this.

V40 D4(5) R-Design Lux Nav
home hifi for the connoisseur!
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 18-08-2014, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Email Response

Had this from the sales manager this morning via email

"Just to confirm that we will be replacing the Front Parking Sensors that have already been fitted to your vehicle with genuine Volvo Accessory Front Parking Sensors. This will be done by replacing the front bumper also.

As discussed I am awaiting a new V40 in Ice White to be delivered to the dealership, I can then set the wheels in motion.

Please bear with me, I will have this rectified as soon as physically possible."
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 18-08-2014, 11:14 PM

'Volvo accessory' worries me a little, you want the ones as fitted at the factory, including any buttons, you might want to clarify this with the garage but don't get too funny as they seem to be doing the right thing at present

Last edited by denn1s; 18-08-2014 at 11:17 PM.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 19-08-2014, 12:18 AM

Could just be a typing error but the wording 'Volvo Accessory Front Parking Sensors' worried me a bit also as there doesn't seem to be any such thing; certainly worth clarifying.

Also, the factory-fitted front sensors cannot be specified alone; they come with Park Assist Pilot. If they are planning to retrofit the factory sensors and software then you should also get Park Assist Pilot out of this...
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 19-08-2014, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

On the advice above I have requested further info by email see below. Still a bit wary they may be pulling another fast one! I have also contacted Volvo UK customer care and pointed them to this thread to see what's been happening and asking for their help resolving the issues.

Hopefully I can get this sorted soon as otherwise the car is fantastic, just want to get on with enjoying driving it.

"Just to be perfectly clear please could you detail exactly what to expect from the new front parking sensors? Will they activate the screen like the reversing sensors etc. what buttons will be fitted inside the car etc. what's happening to the trim with the stuck on button?

The details in your email are a bit sketchy, I just want to avoid any further confusion?

Please could you provide as much detail as possible."
denn1s, AKD47, stratosHD and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.