Oh No my new R-Design is ruined :-( - Page 6 - Volvo V40 Forums
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzby View Post
Given it was Hatfields in Bury, he possibly ended up as black puddings...
(I had my car serviced there on Saturday morning)
How did you find the service at Hatfields? I bought my V40 from there in November and have to say the buying process was painless but the overall impression was not exactly premium. After reading about Splodges experience I'm in two minds whether to take it there for servicing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Logan View Post
How did you find the service at Hatfields? I bought my V40 from there in November and have to say the buying process was painless but the overall impression was not exactly premium. After reading about Splodges experience I'm in two minds whether to take it there for servicing.
They were OK - they have put the right amount of oil in, which is the main thing (a few years ago I had a Fiesta 1.6 TDCI that a Ford dealer overfilled with oil during a service and led to it developing an oil leak from the breather and inlet manifold). Before you book, check the Service Price Indicator on Volvo's site as they originally quoted me £60 over Volvo's price until I pointed it out to them (they got £40 of that back by doing me over on a set of wipers though).

It wasn't particularly fast (I left it at 8.15am and they called me at 11.30am) and as I live an hour's drive away I was stuck there, so I walked up the A56 into Bury (about 30 minutes) and had a look round the market.You get free WiFi, tea.coffee and biscuits in the showroom, but that's pretty much expected for dealers in Volvo's market segment these days. It was fully valeted when I got it back, though they had spoiled it a bit by fitting and testing the new wipers after washing and polishing it. They sent me an email with a video of the inspection and phoned me to say it was ready, even though I was sat 15 feet away in the waiting area and the service manager had walked past me 3 times in the previous 10 minutes!

I had the opposite experience on the sales front there, unfortunately. I was lied to about it having DAB (and later found out it couldn't have it fitted), having been rushed though the test drive. I was told I could pick it up in 5 days time, but it turned out to be 3 weeks later, and only after I had complained to Volvo UK (by which time the salesman had left the dealership). After 6 weeks I hadn't had the V5, and made enquiries with the second salesman who had handed over the car. It turned out that they had never had the V5 from the original owner, as he had a private plate on it and hadn't transferred it to his new car. This meant I was driving round for a month with an unregistered car (they had put the plates back on that it had when it was originally registered, but that number would not be activated again on the DVLA's database until the private plate had been transferred off the car.

Needless to say, I wasn't very happy, and from the salesman up they didn't seem to be that bothered (after I complained to Volvo UK, they must have got on to the dealer principal as I was supposed to have a meeting with him before picking up the car, but he didn't show up after keeping me waiting for 20 minutes).
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 17-07-2016, 04:50 PM

Oh great, I'm picking up a late 2015 V40 off them tomorrow, this doesn't bode well. I'll post up how it goes, I was actually promised a few things but if they've not been done I'll not be taking it. I've been done over by dealers in the past with their, "Fetch it back and we'll sort it" which they always seem to conveniently forget.
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 20-07-2016, 01:39 AM

Picked up the car ok yesterday, although it wasn't ready when we arrived and we were kept waiting and listening to a waffling salesman playing for time while they sorted it. It wasn't the best car buying experience I've ever had - my previous Ford / Mazda dealings have been far better and far more professional, I was expecting more from the "upmarket" brand that Volvo presents itself as.

The car had been hurredly cleaned and washed (with a high powered jet wash by the looks because the water was everywhere - including the boot) and the interior was no cleaner than it was on the day I went to see it originally. It won't be going back there for servicing that's for sure, because as mentioned in another thread there were issues with some minor stuff which made me question the quality of the full service it was supposed to have had.

The car itself is sweet though, a pure joy to drive and now that I've sorted the tyre pressures and cleaned it out properly the interior is a very nice place to be. Would I have another Volvo? Ask me in 2 years time but at as things stand today probably, I really do love the car but I'd choose my dealer a more carefully next time, I feel that this lot let the Volvo brand down quite badly.

Last edited by Dewi; 20-07-2016 at 01:45 AM.
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodge123 View Post
Sorry for the lack of updates but here goes ...

Contacted the General Manager of the dealership who apparently kicked some ass and I got a phone call from the salesman. They were just waiting for some software that the car will need to update it to park pilot when the front sensors etc. have been fitted. He was supposed to have contacted me yesterday (Monday) to confirm a booking for Wednesday (Tomorrow) but he didn't (not really surprised as he has missed every promised call-back so far!)

I emailed them all again this morning issuing a "last chance before return of the car" type statement and got a phone call in less than an hour.

The salesman obviously struggled to remember his promises of a call and so I told him I would have no further verbal communication with any of them and I wanted everything from now on in writing/emails.

The car is going in tomorrow morning at 8am. Although they are supposed to be confirming this in an email which they haven't done as yet!! They are giving me a loan Volvo car while the work is being done. God knows if I will be posting good or bad tomorrow !?!?!?!?!?
Hi Slodge123....
You have gone very quiet on the subject and therefore suspect that all is not well.
Are you in a position to update the situation, as many I'm sure, would be interested to know the final outcome concerning the progress in having the matter resolved.
On the face of it, this dealer would appear to be seriously letting Volvo down over the handling of this complaint, and hopefully suitable action is being taken by the manufacturer to ensure that this type of problem is dealt with in a far better manner than has been the case so far.
Please let us know how you have got on. Good hopefully, or bad, whatever the case may be.
Thanking you.
Regards
Telfer.

Last edited by 32561; 07-09-2016 at 09:28 PM.
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 15-09-2016, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telferstr View Post
Hi Slodge123....
You have gone very quiet on the subject and therefore suspect that all is not well.
Are you in a position to update the situation, as many I'm sure, would be interested to know the final outcome concerning the progress in having the matter resolved.
On the face of it, this dealer would appear to be seriously letting Volvo down over the handling of this complaint, and hopefully suitable action is being taken by the manufacturer to ensure that this type of problem is dealt with in a far better manner than has been the case so far.
Please let us know how you have got on. Good hopefully, or bad, whatever the case may be.
Thanking you.
Regards
Telfer.
As his last online activity was 16/9/2016 (almost 2 years to the day) I'm guessing he gave the keys back and told the dealership to refund his cash

Current car
Rebel Blue V40 D2 RDesign Lux
Previous
C30 1.6 drivE RDesign
Ford Probe 2.5 v6 (218bhp) fast, but fuel consumption was horrific
Fiat X1/9 amazing fun, steered on rails, frightened 911's up to 50mph
And a few others that were much more boring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.