Volvo V40 Forums - View Single Post - Back to Volvo
Thread: Back to Volvo
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
V40Pete

Back to Volvo

Hello. We have recently taken delivery of a T2 Inscription auto. I have been following the forum for a while and decided to register at last.

The V40 is for SWMBO and she is very pleased with it generally. She has downsized from an S type Jag so it is a bit different! We both think the car is very smooth and surprisingly comfortable for a small car and is not a run of the mill brand.

One or two downsides.

The auto stop start only working when you have your foot on the brake! Why not release when you touch the accelerator?? That's how my previous Merc and current Skoda worked. I hate sitting at stop in traffic with the brake lights blinding everyone behind me.

In the ordering process we were badly advised by the dealer when ordering winter packs. We wanted what I now know is the winter plus package but got the standard winter pack and some driver aids like auto high beam.

None the less the LED light package is impressive. I have bi xenon adaptive on the Skoda and I think they are good but the Volvo LED is better on low beam, it highlights the edges much better.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome