Hidden features of the V40 - Volvo V40 Forums
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hidden features of the V40

Ok guys lets have a little fun with this one whilst also helping fellow members get the full functionality of their prized V40s, Today by accident I found that the centre console arm rest can be adjusted forward for extra comfort, a small but totally random find which will become very usefull on long journeys. The question is has anyone else found any little gems, functions or details whilst using their V40 which they didn't realise even existed until stumbling upon them by accident? knowledge is power after all!
NiknakSi likes this.

2014 Volvo V40 D2 R Design Lux Nav - Rebel blue, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Rear Park assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Upgraded Sound Multimedia, TV, DVD, Xenons, Full leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 10:37 PM

front pockets in the seats...
NiknakSi and tommyemm like this.

V40 D4 Summum R-Design Caspian Blue Metallic, with a tad of Rica magic applied
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anixie View Post
front pockets in the seats...
If only. They disappeared from the non R design models last year
feltorange likes this.

D3 SE Lux Caspian Blue 2012 - 2015
T3 SE Lux Nav Flamenco Red 2015 -
post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzy View Post
If only. They disappeared from the non R design models last year
Yes, quite a few of the handy little features have disappeared since the MY14.5 cost reduction exercise - cooled glovebox, Torx key in the puncture repair kit for removing the headlamps to allow bulbs to be changed, the twin-tone horns, the right-hand cargo area light, the diagnostic screen on the Nav system that showed the GPS signal status...

The parking pass holder is still there at least, and the channel up the side of the centre console to tuck charger cables into.
lee* likes this.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 12:16 AM

Not sure it counts as a feature but I thought it was neat as I've not noticed it in other cars - when you use the windscreen washer function, the ventilation system automatically switches to the inside air mode for 10-15 seconds. You can still get a slight whiff of the windscreen wash but not quite as much!
Stueeee and lee* like this.

MY13 V40 SE Lux Nav
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 09:40 AM

I hope I can contribute a little something. On those hot days, when the car is standing in the sun - When unlocking the car via the fob, hold the unlock button in for a few more seconds and all windows will go down. You can stop them by quickly pressing the unlock again. Same goes to close, hold in the lock for a few extra seconds and all will close. Interrupt it by pressing it again. If one window was open when getting out, only the open one will close.

Not really a feature, but sounds nice on the Diesels. When clearing codes via Vida, you need to ref to 2000 rpm and switch the car off, now when you do this at any time, you get a nice turbo shutter sound.
lee* likes this.

Last edited by Gotcha; 05-10-2016 at 09:50 AM.
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotcha View Post
I hope I can contribute a little something. On those hot days, when the car is standing in the sun - When unlocking the car via the fob, hold the unlock button in for a few more seconds and all windows will go down. You can stop them by quickly pressing the unlock again. Same goes to close, hold in the lock for a few extra seconds and all will close. Interrupt it by pressing it again. If one window was open when getting out, only the open one will close.

Not really a feature, but sounds nice on the Diesels. When clearing codes via Vida, you need to ref to 2000 rpm and switch the car off, now when you do this at any time, you get a nice turbo shutter sound.
This is an interesting one didn't realise that this could be done, will be checking this out later, very usefull

2014 Volvo V40 D2 R Design Lux Nav - Rebel blue, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Rear Park assist, Tempa Spare Wheel, Upgraded Sound Multimedia, TV, DVD, Xenons, Full leather
post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 02:05 PM

Garage
Folding mirrors.

Not really a hidden feature, because I had to look this up in the manuals.
When sat in the parked car, ever wanted to fold in the mirrors ? perhaps in the supermarket car park where people are parking close by ?
At first I thought the only way was by locking via the key fob, but that will arm the alarm.

Turns out, if you press and hold L and R mirror buttons together......

Incidentally, now the darker evenings are here, I tried the approach lights for the first time this week..... Nice..
lee* likes this.

V4O CC D3 Lux nav. 2014 Grey WP XP DSP 18" Mefitis Ext styling kit Sensus connect TFT display Spare wheel, boot thing and knob light
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzby View Post
the channel up the side of the centre console to tuck charger cables into.
I'll be investigating that! Thanks.
chiptivo likes this.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 04:54 PM

Mirrors> When in Reverse, press and hold any side mirror button or both. The reflection part will move so that you can see the rear wheels to avoid hitting curbs when reversing or something. It helps (Only works if you have electric seats)
Scarwolf likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.