Best Engine + Future Models - Volvo V40 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-01-2017, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Best Engine + Future Models

This is for those who may be still unaware of the Drive-E engine winning Ward's 10 Best Engines for 2 years out of three which is quite remarkable -

Also there is a good update on Volvo's forthcoming new models -

Here

I'm personally hoping the V40 will get a version of the T6 motor.

MY15 Cross Country T5 Lux Chrystal White Pearl,
Polestar, Centre Court Console, Park Assist, Seat Heat

MY15 S60 Polestar - Sapphire Black with REAL dipstick and NO start/stop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-01-2017, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmaxx View Post

I'm personally hoping the V40 will get a version of the T6 motor.
Judging from this additional news item from Caradvice, you may get your wish.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/512381/v...hybrid-models/

The Volvo spokesman clearly indicates the T8 plug-in will be available across the next generation 60 series and the new XC40. While not explicitly mentioning the next generation V40 this would seem to indicate the T6 twin-charged engine (which is the petrol engine used in the T8 hybrid) may find its way into the V40, probably as a range-topping Polestar model.

As for the "awards" from Wards Best Engine - despite being a Volvo tragic I really would not get too excited. The Wards Best Engine Awards are fairly meaningless. Being US-based they only apply to engines available in the US market (which eliminates almost all diesels) and have to have been released in that particular year. And there is a total of 10 engines "awarded" each year. I really don't think there's that many new engines released each year. The awards are purely based on technological innovation and don't take into account any measure of reliability or real-life fuel economy. Fairly meaningless in my eyes.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.