"My Volvo" Website Changed - Volvo V40 Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 16-05-2017, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

"My Volvo" Website Changed

Just logged into my Volvo to look at an upcoming visit to the dealer and the site has completely changed.

Just shows your car with the Vin number and thats it.

I can't find any way of booking servicing or maintenance.
Doesn't show you links to your cars manual
Doesn't show what specification your car is
No longer track progress of a new build

Unless they are moving over to an App or they are developing a new website this is a major step back.
egb likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 16-05-2017, 04:51 PM
egb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mulligan View Post
Just logged into my Volvo to look at an upcoming visit to the dealer and the site has completely changed.

Just shows your car with the Vin number and thats it.

I can't find any way of booking servicing or maintenance.
Doesn't show you links to your cars manual
Doesn't show what specification your car is
No longer track progress of a new build

Unless they are moving over to an App or they are developing a new website this is a major step back.
just had a quick look at it certainly changed seems you have to follow the little face in the top right hand corner and dig. click the OWN button to start with I found the manual the car details etc but as its Volvo its not at all clear will have another look later as I just know it will be a time loser.

up date
not an improvement for normal use, looks more linked to a planed development as you say.

V40 D2 R powerdrive Lux my15 | Ice white | leather | heated screen / front Seats |

V40 D2 cc powerdrive Lux my15 | Black sapphire | leather | privacy glass | Returned |

Last edited by egb; 17-05-2017 at 09:05 AM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 16-05-2017, 08:34 PM

It has indeed changed. I don't like it that much especially the lack of individual info for each car. However, I was amused to read in one of the competitions that
" Travelling in one of the latest Volvo models, you will drive through the Eurotunnel to Ghent, visit the factory then stay overnight in the pretty town of Ghent."

The journey from Folkestone to Calais is going to be exciting dodging all those trains
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 16-05-2017, 10:58 PM

Definite step backwards. Well done Volvo, again!
jactac likes this.

2016 V40 D4 R-Design Lux Nav. Bright Silver. Rear Park Assist. Rear Tints.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 16-05-2017, 11:04 PM

Definitely a downgrade.
jactac likes this.

D3 SE Lux Caspian Blue 2012 - 2015
T3 SE Lux Nav Flamenco Red 2015 -
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 17-05-2017, 01:25 AM

Garage
Visually I think it's an improvement but definitely a huge step backwards in functionality. I notice you can no longer book a service or maintenance/repair request using My Volvo now either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015 V40 T4 R Design Lux Nav | Rebel Blue | Xenium Pack | Lux Winter Pack | Autodimming Mirror | Premium Sound by HK
Dark Tinted Rear & Cargo Windows | Polestar Upgrade
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 18-05-2017, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

I can't understand why they went through the trouble.

There was nothing wrong with the old website, it was well laid out and gave you a lot of control I actually think the new one is more confusing as well as being pointless
jactac likes this.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 19-05-2017, 08:47 AM

Garage
@ Jamie and Dave
To book a service go to the bottom of the main page, click on Help & Support, from there find Support Topics at the top of the page, click on there and a drop down appears with many options including Maintenance & Service.

For the record I think it's a very poor site to look at and use, not impressed at all.
IamDave likes this.

2016 Ice White V40 T3 R-Design Lux Nav, Xenium Pack, Comfort Pack, R-Design Rear Styling Kit, 18" Ixion Alloys, Rear Glass Tints, Active Xenon Headlights

Last edited by jactac; 19-05-2017 at 08:53 AM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 19-05-2017, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jactac View Post
@ Jamie and Dave
To book a service go to the bottom of the main page, click on Help & Support, from there find Support Topics at the top of the page, click on there and a drop down appears with many options including Maintenance & Service.

For the record I think it's a very poor site to look at and use, not impressed at all.
It won't let you book a service just comes up with support pages about the information you can send from your car and to login to my Volvo and book it that way which is great seeing as they won't let you anymore
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 19-05-2017, 07:16 PM

Garage
I actually used to use the book service feature on my Volvo as I'm largely anti-social and sometimes prefer not to have to speak to a person!
julianps likes this.

2015 V40 T4 R Design Lux Nav | Rebel Blue | Xenium Pack | Lux Winter Pack | Autodimming Mirror | Premium Sound by HK
Dark Tinted Rear & Cargo Windows | Polestar Upgrade
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.