Door unlocking problems anyone? - Volvo V40 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Door unlocking problems anyone?

Hi,

I have had something totally weird happen to my front left and front rear door on two separate occasions.

On each occasion the door in question just would not open. Using the unlock button on driver's door, using the remote, using the door handle - none of it worked. In both situations we actually had to crawl across the seat to get out.

We then left the vehicle locked overnight and then in morning seemed to work again.

I am sending it in to have Volvo look at but has anyone else had a similar problem. Any ideas.

Thanks.

Adrian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Kev

I can't say that I have experienced this in the 14 months I have had my V40.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 05:10 PM

Easy, report it to the dealorship, volvo has a known problem for the locks on some cars.

Got the lock on the driver door replaced on my last car.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 06:22 PM

I had a similar issue. The dealer replaced the lock.

V40 T4 Momentum Polestar :: www.myv40.com
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 19-02-2014, 02:13 PM

Garage
This door lock problem has just happened to me - o/s rear door refuses to unlock. My car is in for service next week so I will get the dealer to sort it out.

Just wondering, how do they replace the lock if the door won't open?

V40 D2 R-Design manual, white, Winter Pack, Rain sensor wipers, Rear park assist, tinted glass, grocery floor, Tempa spare
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 19-02-2014, 07:52 PM

Just had mine fixed. The nearside rear would not unlock once the auto lock came on as I moved off. Sometimes it would unlock using the unlock all doors button other times it wouldn't. Took it into the dealer who said there was a upgraded lock with a different wiring loom as it was a known fault. I had to wait about 3-4 weeks for it to arrive. Took them about an hour to fit, there have been no problems since. My vehicle is MY13 cross country D2.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 05:34 PM

I just found it as V40nor said. Dealership known this problem.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-08-2014, 11:57 PM

Known issue with a safety item but no recall...surely not!!!

I had one of mine go a couple of months ago and the dealer thought I was being a bit funny when I pointed out I expected it to be dealt with without booking it in in advance as it is a safety issue
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 19-02-2015, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denn1s View Post
Known issue with a safety item but no recall...surely not!!!

I had one of mine go a couple of months ago and the dealer thought I was being a bit funny when I pointed out I expected it to be dealt with without booking it in in advance as it is a safety issue

if the garage does not know your booked in how are they expected to have the parts in stock??? even our garage doesant have a crystal ball
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 30-11-2016, 06:14 PM

Thumbs down V40 lock door lock problems

I have a 63 reg V40 D3, 16000 miles. The first lock to fail was front passenger door. Unable to open from inside or out. As I had a disabled passenger this was a real problem. I sent for Volvo assist who were with me in just under an hour. By that time I'd managed to open the door by continually trying from the remote key fob and the driver's door mounted locking button. The car was returned to the dealer (Rybrooks, Chester) and the internal door mechanism changed under warranty. I am now experiencing the same fault with the rear nearside door and , more worryingly, the drivers door. The car is now booked in for those faults to be attended to, again, under warranty. I feel that as there are safety issues relating to this problem Volvo should have issued a recall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.