LED Lights - Volvo V40 Forums
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Question LED Lights

Does anyone know if there is a way in the settings to have the day running Lower LED lights on with the main headlights?
As far as I can tell they turn off once the main headlights are on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 10:11 PM

I hope not as the are too bright and will dazzle hence why other marque dim theirs if they stay on
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 19-08-2014, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

Apparently the MY15 volvo the LED lights now dim rather than turn off when the main headlights are on. Does anyone know if this will be part of a software update to MY14.5 models?
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 19-08-2014, 12:24 PM

I read somewhere that there is a software update but pricy around €100,-- perhaps to inform by you're dealer.

V40 D4 R-Design MY15
V40 D2 Summum Passion Red
MY12, blond/blond/charcoal leather, 18" Midir summer 17" Mannan winter.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 23-08-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelR View Post
I read somewhere that there is a software update but pricy around €100,-- perhaps to inform by you're dealer.
Unfortunately this extra "accessory" does not add the LED's to main lights. I went for this update last week and it was € 88,-, about 15 mins work. What it does is that now together with the LED lights there are also those front parking light strips in the headlamps on + orange side markers + rear parking lights. It looks like this:

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/imag...e-photos_4.jpg

I have R-Design, so the LED's in the bumper are vertical strips.

However, there is one negative thing connected with this upgrade: Now the small green diode on the light knob is ALWAYS on in auto mode, so I lost the indication if there are daytime running lights on or the sensor switched on the xenons when set in AUTO. Not so happy about this and I realised that yesterday when checking the lights

D2 R-Design MY13, Electric silver Inscription paint, 17'' Ixion II, Winter Packet (adaptive bixenons, rain sensor, heated front seats, electrically heated windshield), Parking camera, High Performance Multimedia with NAV
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 24-08-2014, 08:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhron View Post
However, there is one negative thing connected with this upgrade: Now the small green diode on the light knob is ALWAYS on in auto mode, so I lost the indication if there are daytime running lights on or the sensor switched on the xenons when set in AUTO. Not so happy about this and I realised that yesterday when checking the lights
From this I would take it that you have MY13 and the update takes it to MY14 as that's exactly how my MY14 behaves, including the eyebrow LEDs and the orange markers.
The only way I've been able to tell is by looking at the reflection in the bumper of the car ahead when I pull up at traffic lights.

D2 R-Design Lux Nav Black - Premium Sound, Xenium Pack, Winter Lux, BLIS, Heated Rear Seats, Tints, Adjustable Steering Force
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 24-08-2014, 09:56 AM

I already had this bought this update a few months ago..

There is a new one after that..

V40 D4 R-Design MY15
V40 D2 Summum Passion Red
MY12, blond/blond/charcoal leather, 18" Midir summer 17" Mannan winter.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 24-08-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueba11 View Post
From this I would take it that you have MY13 and the update takes it to MY14 as that's exactly how my MY14 behaves, including the eyebrow LEDs and the orange markers.
The only way I've been able to tell is by looking at the reflection in the bumper of the car ahead when I pull up at traffic lights.
Can you please tell me what happens with your MY14 when you turn the light knob to the most left position (OFF)? After the upgrade only LED's in the bumper are on when using this, exactly the same as before the upgrade. So now if I want to profit from the upgrade I must leave it in AUTO mode and let the sensor do its job. I am starting to think the upgrade was a waste of money

D2 R-Design MY13, Electric silver Inscription paint, 17'' Ixion II, Winter Packet (adaptive bixenons, rain sensor, heated front seats, electrically heated windshield), Parking camera, High Performance Multimedia with NAV
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 24-08-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelR View Post
I already had this bought this update a few months ago..

There is a new one after that..
Michel, I can see you're from the Netherlands. I upgraded the lighting logic in Eindhoven.

Can you please be more detailed about "there is a new one after that"? I guess this is maximum I can get from MY13 as there was only one lighting logic upgrade advertised on dutch Volvo pages.

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 24-08-2014, 02:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhron View Post
Can you please tell me what happens with your MY14 when you turn the light knob to the most left position (OFF)? After the upgrade only LED's in the bumper are on when using this, exactly the same as before the upgrade. So now if I want to profit from the upgrade I must leave it in AUTO mode and let the sensor do its job. I am starting to think the upgrade was a waste of money
DRLs only come on. It's a shame we can't get the MY15 logic. I'm wondering if the drivers for the DRL's are different in the MY15's allowing for them to dim.

D2 R-Design Lux Nav Black - Premium Sound, Xenium Pack, Winter Lux, BLIS, Heated Rear Seats, Tints, Adjustable Steering Force
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Volvo V40 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.