Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm from Malaysia and v40 is offered in 3 variants..T4, T5, and T5 Cross Country. The specs states that T5 is 2000cc, with 213hp and acceleration 0-100km/h at 6.9secs (this was one of the reasons why I chose v40 instead of other Marques)

I've recently got my v40 T5 and decided to test out the acceleration. I was on a straight road (not even with slight uphill) , and shifted to "S" mode. The results was shocking!!! It took me more than 9 seconds to reach 100km/h (60mph). This was a total turn off :(

Has anyone tested their acceleration and results was accurate according to what's advertised on the specs?

Anyone from Malaysia who minds to share their experience?

Any advise for me?

Felt utterly cheated :(

Reactions: vinceykk

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I have driven the T5, haven't timed it, but it felt pretty darn quick for me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've done a test on mine with a pretty crude timing method and for my 0-100kph I was about half a second quicker than 6 seconds. I'm planning on doing it again but with a mate using a stop watch so I'll check back in when I've done it.

The motor in mine is the 2.5L Turbo Petrol and I never use anything less than 98 octane.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done a test on mine with a pretty crude timing method and for my 0-100kph I was about half a second quicker than 6 seconds. I'm planning on doing it again but with a mate using a stop watch so I'll check back in when I've done it.

The motor in mine is the 2.5L Turbo Petrol and I never use anything less than 98 octane.

Hi Sherman..thanks for sharing. In Malaysia, our T5 variant is only with 2.0. During my test previously i was using 95 octane. Now im trying on 97octane, letting it run for a while, before trying and see if there're any difference to it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
0-100 times well my T5 2.5 LT gets 0-100 in 6.2
That is with sport mode active traction control must be off or over boost does not work
you must select 1st gear or car still pulls off in second even in sport mode.
3000 rpm foot on brake and floor it release brake

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have driven the T5, haven't timed it, but it felt pretty darn quick for me.
Looks like the Malaysian T5 is different to the European version (don't know what you get in SA?).

In Malaysia it's a 2.0 petrol, ours are macho 2.5s.

·
Registered
175 Posts
0-100 times well my T5 2.5 LT gets 0-100 in 6.2
That is with sport mode active traction control must be off or over boost does not work
you must select 1st gear or car still pulls off in second even in sport mode.
3000 rpm foot on brake and floor it release brake
This is interesting stuff, haven't really played with a full bore launch yet.

So I need to turn DTSC off, gearbox in manual mode (so I can select first) and then build the revs against the brakes?

·
Registered
227 Posts
times

This is interesting stuff, haven't really played with a full bore launch yet.

So I need to turn DTSC off, gearbox in manual mode (so I can select first) and then build the revs against the brakes?
yep thats it remember you need to change gears it will red line in first before auto box says oops time to change max torque according to my Dino i did is 5340 rpm after that wasted time

·
Registered
175 Posts
Thanks, will give it a go on the way home. Always feels a bit dodgy building the revs up against the brakes - cant be good for the torque converter!

Where did you find out about DTSC needing to be off, and the box in manual to access the overboost?

·
Registered
227 Posts
0-100 times

Thanks, will give it a go on the way home. Always feels a bit dodgy building the revs up against the brakes - cant be good for the torque converter!

Where did you find out about DTSC needing to be off, and the box in manual to access the overboost?
my service manager told me ,a torque converter can take a lot of punishment after all its just oil

·
Registered
43 Posts
yep thats it remember you need to change gears it will red line in first before auto box says oops time to change max torque according to my Dino i did is 5340 rpm after that wasted time
i'm really pleased to know that you and possibly many others in other parts of the world can achieve this claimed specs easily. i'm hoping volvo can fix the issue with us here...fingers crossed. other than that, it's a great car and i love it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
:)Hi, I come from Thailand. My car use T5 engine (B5204T9) as you. I feel the car has many powers after 3000 rpm. But before 3000 rpm it doesn't feel many powers because of Max torque is at 2700 rpm. So, it is the cause that why the number of acceleration 0-100 looks too slow. It wastes time at the start around 2 second(combined time with lacking of accelerator). But after 60 km/h, It is quick as Golf GTI mk6, Scirocco 2.0 TSI, A250 AMG.

This is the test of acceleration and top speed result in my country.
(with D mode not S mode)
Credit: headlightmag.com

Ps. Fuel Consumption is km/l

Top speed per gear.
Gear 1 50 @ 6,400 rpm
Gear 2 90 @ 6,400 rpm
Gear 3 143 @ 6,400 rpm
Gear 4 195 @ 6,400 rpm

Top speed @ Gear 5
242 Km./h. @ 5,900 rpm:)

·
Registered
225 Posts
So the Veloster is quicker than the V40 T5?
Again - the "T5" referred to in this thread is effectively what we call the T4 in the Australian market - ie a 2l 5 cylinder engine. And to add further to the confusion, our Aussie "T4" is different to the T4 available in Europe which is a Ford-supplied 1.6l 4-cylinder DI engine.

Tony

·
Registered
175 Posts
So the Veloster is quicker than the V40 T5?
For those of us in markets where Volvo market the "full fat" T5, the Hyundai is no threat.

The 2.5 T5 is a pretty swift vehicle when it needs to be.

(And the Velostar has stupid doors)

Reactions: VoodooBOB

·
Registered
43 Posts
wow, thread is alive n kicking again...yeah!!!

yeah, t4, t5 so confusing to many of us and thanks to all here for clearing the confusion.

hei panv40t5, welcome. and many thanks for info. data on v40 d mode looks dull haiz. i go on s mode whenever i need some speed n feels good. anyways, if i want go really fast, i just use my bike most of d time haha!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.