Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer today printed off the newest brochure for the '14 spec cars which are now what you get when ordering from here on in.

Only three changes we got told and can find:

* DAB is now standard (price increase to cover this though!)
* D2 engine is even more economical on paper (old spec in brackets):

88gms/km CO2 (94)
Urban - 74.3mpg (70.6)
Extra Urban - 91.1mpg (83.1)
Combined - 83.1mpg (78.5)

* One extra colour - Bright Silver (available on R-Design too)

·
Registered
202 Posts
nry said:
Our dealer today printed off the newest brochure for the '14 spec cars which are now what you get when ordering from here on in.

Only three changes we got told and can find:

* DAB is now standard (price increase to cover this though!)
* D2 engine is even more economical on paper (old spec in brackets):

88gms/km CO2 (94)
Urban - 74.3mpg (70.6)
Extra Urban - 91.1mpg (83.1)
Combined - 83.1mpg (78.5)

* One extra colour - Bright Silver (available on R-Design too)
I believe there is a new option pack called the Xenium Pack also.
This is supposed to consist of the Park Assist Pilot w/Camera, Power driver memory seat and the panoramic sunroof. I got this from Volvo Customer Services UK, who hadn't even heard of it until I asked about it's existence so they made internal enquiries which also turned up a cost of £2000.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not in the brochure, but good value if you want all those things :) Our demo car had the panoramic roof, but the cost was a tiny bit off-putting, as was losing head room in the back. Nice to have though internally!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Indeed that doesn't surprise me, Volvo's product team hadn't published details of it yet to dealers. I have just ordered my D2 with the Xenium pack via a salary sacrifice company who had the new specs and options listed in their configurator. Wondering what it consisted of before I finalised my order I asked them to confirm it's contents and I also contacted Volvo customer services who as I mentioned earlier weren't aware of it until they spoke to the product team.

Yes I decided to go for it as I was going to opt for the roof and rear cam and sensors anyhow. To be honest I'd prefer to do without the power seats(I've had confirmed yesterday it's both seats) but for the cost they're now effectively free.

The loss of rear headroom was considered but I rarely transport rear seat passengers and fortunately no one in the family is particularly tall.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious on the power at both seats, in that case the price is pretty good! The power drivers seat alone is £500 I think, a little drop from the last price of £600. By all accounts, it seems a beneficial addition if you like to fiddle with the seat position, if not then it's probably not worth it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've just recalled a few other changes/additions to the ones posted at the top of the thread which include the 6 speed auto box for the D2 and a new T2 variant.

Details here: http://www.volvocars.com/uk/top/about/news-events/pages/default.aspx?itemid=178

The Sensus Connected Touch I'm told is an Android based addon to the standard Sensus system. It uses an infra-red matrix in the centre screen bezel to detect touches allowing gloved fingers to work with it. Volvo told me it's a dealer after fit option to any 7inch equipped V40 available in Q4. Expected fitted price not quoted, but from video below 1500 Euros was mentioned.

Sensus Connected Touch demoed video :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64t6kWKTHiM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts