Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else using a large capacity USB flash drive for music?

I have a 16Gb stick and while it reads fine, on random it refuses to advance after a few songs. For example I can listen to or forward about 5 MP3s, then pressing forward has no effect. I can go back, and then forwards again but it goes to the same 5 tracks, and stops at the same one. I have to change to normal mode, then forward, then change to random again, then start the cycle once more.

I didn't notice this on a 1Gb stick I used previously so I imagine this might be some kind of index overload.

Oh and the 16Gb is full of music - not much free space
Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi
Regardless of the size of usb tick -I have from 4 to 32Gb with no problems -worth noting that should you have the premium sound system and store purchased music from I tunes on your computer then you can d/load these tracks in I-Tunes original mp4/M4a AAC format -which is uncompressed and lossless- to your usb stick. The difference in sound quality over MP3 is marked (and superb).

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK this is odd - I now have a new 32Gb stick and it does the same thing. On normal mode, it can play every track sequentially (and there are over 2000 tracks on this).

On random if I FWD about 3 or 4 times it gets stuck on a track (say TRACK A) (not the same track each time). If I let that track play to the end, it just repeats TRACK A ad infinitum. If I go back it will go back to the previous track then forward again. And gets stuck on TRACK A. If I then do a track list, choose another track, then go back or forward it ends up stuck on TRACK A. If I change to normal, advance one track, then go back to random I can then advance another few tracks at which point it gets stuck on TRACK B.. and the cycle starts again.

I guess if this happens for nobody else then it's not a firmware bug but either my car or my music collection....

Would be grateful if someone else with a UK spec V40 can try some FWD on a USB stick in random mode (it's not a problem from my phone/bluetooth)

Rob

·
Registered
196 Posts
I will try once our V40 is here but that is July :) We never use random so it may be a 'feature' of using random?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts