Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a useful accessory? Surely it just makes the already small boot even smaller. Looking to justify spending the £110

·
Registered
62 Posts
only really useful if you need a spare wheel. i bought the wheel and raised floor as an accessory, dont like the idea of a tube of tyre sealant... also gives you space for jump leads, can of screenwash etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would say not useful personally. A little bit too much is made of having a low load lip. Most people want to just have a configuration that gives maximum volume.

My car has a spare wheel so it has to have the higher boot floor unfortunately.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It may be useful for some, if you tend to carry longer items that makes putting it through the folded down rear seats and pushing the item through with less of a lip to clear, between boot and rear seats. Even with the normal boot floor, there is still some space to put some small items under the cover, but it's more of a faff to do that, as I have to lift the entire cover, and I usually alreayd hae stuff there. Much easier with this raised boot floor as you can just raise it half way and can even hook bags...whether it's worth the extra depends on how often and what you use the boot for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have one fitted it myself, for me it makes it easier to get things in and out of the boot plus as previously said gives you extra storage space above the spare wheel for de icer etc

·
Registered
62 Posts
my previous car was a vauxhall insignia, so really miss the boot space on occasions, having said, the raised floor actually works well, ive got all my junk under it, coat, jumpleads, tyre inflator, 1st aidkit, oil, water, ratchet straps, hi vis jacket, spade, obviously spare wheel and the towbar hook. open the boot, all looks mint :D
oh, i sprayed the 4 load hooks in the boot matt black, looked daft with half factory finished red/primer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I got a temp spare wheel and foam with jack and brace to replace the gel pack and compressor from a breaker wheel a bit fiddly to fit as it has to slide towards the rear and under the rear trim. floor carpet fits like it did with the gel kit no hump in the floor so just use a cargo net to hold the junk in place ok it doesn't look tidy, but since I paid £100 for the wheel i don't see the reason to pay another for the floating floor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts