Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mystery Starting Problem 2013 D3

Had the car for 2 months now and occasionally car doesn't start until 3rd attempt. At first I thought it was me not pushing the clutch down far enough as it was a new car, therefore new experience, but still does it. On first attempt nothing, second attempt all interior lights come on (dashboard says 'belts and doors'), and then third attempt starts up. Car has keyless start. Have booked into local garage next week (Hinckley) so hopefully they will solve the problem. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Love the car in every other way, but this just makes me feel uneasy if the car will start at all. Any feedback would be appreciated please.

·
Registered
94 Posts
How long do you wait after pushing the button? On cold mornings my car won't fire for 4-10 seconds giving the glowplugs time to heat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry for re-open this post. But I have the same problem, sometimes I need to push the start button sevral times before it starts up. Anyone that have a idea what it might be.

·
Registered
155 Posts
When you say push the start button several times before it starts, you do mean that the starter is turning the engine, but nothing happens?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts