Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I’ve got a 2013 cross country d3 se nav with the big screen.

Just wondering if anyone had any screen shots of their sat nav screen. My maps seem to be pretty much monochrome. Just been out in car in the dark and pretty much the whole map is grey with white roads

If this is how it’s supposed to be that’s fine ...... just wondering what everyone else’s is like

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you zoom in, at a certain zoom level the map gives you more detail - woods, etc.

Zoomed out all you get is the major roads.

The earlier models don’t have the same map detail as the newer ones - I have an early 2014 and my zoomed in maps have less colour/detail than a 2019 V40 loan car I had.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

Waiting for Volvo to get back to me about carrying out the software update so that I can download maps from USB

Not sure if the maps will be any better ??

·
Registered
48 Posts
I’ve updated to the latest maps, but the graphics are still quite low compared to the later models.

My car had issues with updating the software to accept the map - apparently the dealer had to connect my car to Volvo HQ and completely wipe the sat nav system to get it to work!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I’ve emailed both my local Volvo dealers but as yet not had a reply from either

See how it goes when and if I get a reply !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts