Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

recently purchaseda2013 V40 D3 cross country which has a factory fitted removable tow bar

unfortunately the removable part was not with the car ,,,

does anyone know the part number for this, or can provide a photo or even have one lying around they would like to sell

thanks

Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2013 CC with a volvo removable tow bar which I believe is made by Brink. Hope the photos will help you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jigsaw

the cover plate and the attachment on it look exactly like mine

I will start the eBay search and get on to brink

Will also try to contact the previous owner to see if they still have it !,

thanks again

Chris

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hope you manage to find one, I bought my car from a volvo dealer last year and the tow bar was already on so I only had to buy the cover plate from volvo parts. I would think it's likely the tow bar is common to other car makes, good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just been on the brink website ..... it states that they don’t make one for the cross country !!!!

Don’t know why the previous owner didn’t leave it with the car .... but there you go ...... and none on eBay ,,,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Independent or mobile tow bar fitters can be good for spares if you have any nearby, it also locks in place so should be supplied with 2 keys.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Have you looked in the boy might be hidden under the false floor especially if you have the split level boot

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sorry about the language, but this has the part numbers:

·
Registered
62 Posts
as an example, i listed one from my old Insignia on the bay, a fella bought it didnt have an insignia, the removable neck will fit other bars...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hope you manage to find one, I bought my car from a volvo dealer last year and the tow bar was already on so I only had to buy the cover plate from volvo parts. I would think it's likely the tow bar is common to other car makes, good luck.

Hello Jigsaw,

You bought your cover platen from Volvo Parts. Which one? And where are these guys locaties? Of you don't mind me asking.

I want to get rid off my fixed tow bar and i am looking for a silver colored cover plate.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi guys.. im having the very same problem.. no removable tow ball in vehicle when bought.... my car is just a 2013 v40 d2... any ideas where i should start looking for 1 please?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Jigsaw,

You bought your cover platen from Volvo Parts. Which one? And where are these guys locaties? Of you don't mind me asking.

I want to get rid off my fixed tow bar and i am looking for a silver colored cover plate.
View attachment 17192
I ordered the cover from www.volvoparts.tmsmotorgroup.co.uk and they ship worldwide. Just search for detachable towbar bumper cover, there are 2 types for the V40.

·
Registered
62 Posts
hi guys.. im having the very same problem.. no removable tow ball in vehicle when bought.... my car is just a 2013 v40 d2... any ideas where i should start looking for 1 please?
if the bar is fitted, you need to identify the manufacturer, there should be some data on a sticker to assist, but may be obscured by the lower spoiler? once identified, you can look for the replacement neck

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thule tow bars were made by Brink in Holland, they were acquired by Thule in 2006 but went back to the Brink brand name in 2016. It is likely they don't list the V40 because they are sold through Volvo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cheers Jigsaw

they do list the V40 but it’s says excluding the cross country. I’ve spoken with the parts guy at my local volvo dealer to see if they are still available

1 - 17 of 17 Posts