Volvo V40 Forums banner

2014 Sensus Map Update

4K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  HPsauce 
#1 ·
Has anyone got a feel for when the next update for the 2014 Sensus system map update will be? Last update appears to be in April 2019. Surely we must be due an update soon?

#6 ·
No problems on Windows, so that narrows the problem slightly.
With Windows, unless you've kept the previous version of the download program (and choose to run that), it first downloads a new program then runs it to download (and optionally verify) the data.
Is Mac similar and are you using a previous/old version of the download program/app?

#8 ·
Sadly it was bound to happen. There are lots off apps out there that haven't been updated by developers from 32bit to 64bit despite Apple telling them for more than 2 years that 32bit software support was going to be withdrawn.

All you can do is:
Email Volvo to update the software (not likely)
Use a Windoze PC to download the map update
Install Windoze on your Mac with bootcamp or parallels

#10 ·
what a performance...... Being an Apple ‘Fanboy’, and running OS Catalina on both my Mac Mini and MacBook Air, I find I cannot process the 32 bit app that Volvo use on their map update. So, it’s off to borrow my grandsons Windows PC. As his broadband capability is somewhat worse than ‘crap’, I’m round there for most of the day. I would hazard a guess that the chance of Volvo adopting 64 bit architecture is close to zero.

#12 ·
You would be surprised, the Sensus update app has been fixed for 64bit Mac's and now works.

#11 ·
It's probably some form of inattention/laziness to non-MS stuff rather like the "send to car" function for navigation locations.
This works fine from the "Herewego" web site, but that same web site advertises "Get The App".
If you do get the App on your iPhone the "send to car" function just isn't there! (Not sure about Android, availability or functionality)
(I did contact them about the omission and got a very bland response about future developments that didn't sound in the least positive)

So realistically the only place I can send new destinations to my car is when I'm sitting at home on my PC, as if elsewhere it's too much of a faff to register my cars VIN on a borrowed PC.
Shame really, there have been many times when I've been elsewhere discussing places to go and it would have been really useful to just use "send to car" while doing so.

#15 ·
Last update appears to be in April 2019.
One appeared late in 2019 and the latest is currently April 2020. So expect another around October/November 2020; though I doubt for those of us in or near London it will reflect the massive rerouting and restrictions of local roads going on in many more central boroughs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.