Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

My D4 has been causing me some headaches over the past month or two.

Every so often, out of the blue I get a cluster of warning lights flashing up on the dash - pedestrian protection malfunction, DSTC off, the speedo drops to 0 (rev counter still works), indicators don’t show on the dash or sound when active (still visually work outside).

Normally the issue goes away after the car is turned off and back on however tonight the car immobiliser warning came up and breaking warnings also showed.

I left it an hour then tried again, turns on with no issue.

I trawelled through various posts on here, ranging from potential battery issues to faulty connectors in the drivers footwell.

Ive tested the battery and it’s holding around 12.7v upon start up.

I was wondering if anyone has had experience of this before and wether or not the issue has a remedy.

Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds pretty much to be a connctor issue in the drivers footwell. Mine did exactly the same and the connector replacement sorted out all of this. Costed 100€ at a volvo dealer. Good luck
János

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi,I see you have checked the battery,but first I would get Volvo to check it,they could see if it's a bad cell,is it the original battery ? I would eliminate the obvious first,my dealer didn't charge me too check mine and they were competitive in price .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds pretty much to be a connctor issue in the drivers footwell. Mine did exactly the same and the connector replacement sorted out all of this. Costed 100€ at a volvo dealer. Good luck
János
Hi,

I think you may be onto something, I had a ratch around the footwell and checked behind the carpet liner. I found these connectors, appearing to seem like they have somehow came apart.

This may be a stupid question but I take it these are supposed to be plugged into one another.

Cheers again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,I see you have checked the battery,but first I would get Volvo to check it,they could see if it's a bad cell,is it the original battery ? I would eliminate the obvious first,my dealer didn't charge me too check mine and they were competitive in price .
Thank you for your reply.
That’ll be my next port of call, reassuring that it was cost free.

all the best.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The grey socket in your photo looks like the OBD diagnostic connector. It should be fixed in a bracket under the lower dashboard panel. Normally , you only connect to it with diagnostic equipment during servicing or to check for and diagnose faults.

Some accessory manufacturers have produced equipment that is intended to connect to the OBD socket as a cheap and easy way of drawing power and/or reading data from the car, including some dubious alarm systems. Not a good idea, but it looks to me like the red plug is a connector for some kind of accessory. Difficult to see from the photo, but it may have been spliced into the original loom within the black heat shrink wrapping visible below the red connector in your photo?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts