Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my lights changed over to the thor led lamps.
It required the cem module to be reprogrammed and new wiring made for the units for them to work.

I searched and spoke to Alot of auto electricians in the UK who said it can't happen.
I had one who said he could possibly do it but no guarantees....
So I did my own research and found a guy in Poland who's been doing these headlight conversions for months.
He runs a Volvo, jaguar and Land rover dealership and he's a wizard when it comes to figurations on the cem module.
Got speaking to him and he agreed to come over to the UK if I could get 5 members from my Facebook group volvo v40 crew who were also interested and I did...
He came over two weeks ago today and now their are preface v40s in the UK with this headlight conversion

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good to know!!!
A lot of questions comes to me...
  • How much does it cost???
  • Does he provide new head light and electronic stuff needed?
  • Do you speak with him about next services maintenance in a Volvo dealer? ( about software's update)
  • Can he do that on halogen headlight? cause of leveling installation only made on Xenon headlight
  • Where do you find information on this guy?
In any case: well done!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know!!!
A lot of questions comes to me...
  • How much does it cost??? 362gbp
  • Does he provide new head light and electronic stuff needed? You need to provide your own lamps if he comes to the UK if you go to him in Poland he'd be able to supply lights at a cost
  • Do you speak with him about next services maintenance in a Volvo dealer? ( about software's update) it's reprogrammed into the cem so is as a standard set of led lamps would be and a software update wouldn't affect it
  • Can he do that on halogen headlight? Yes as mine were halogen
    cause of leveling installation only made on Xenon headlight.. He can install a leveling if you would like but its not mandatory to have one
  • Where do you find information on this guy? I have my ways.
In any case: well done!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup if you'd like him to come to you you'd need to get so many cars it all depends on where you are and the cost for him to fly/drive to you

This is great news there must be a lot of pre facelift V40 owners like me who would love to have the Thor Hammer but have been told it wasn't possible for various reasons. Would it be classed as a modification by insurers? and would garage MOT inspectors pass it. I suppose as they are OEM it should be ok?

·
Registered
50 Posts
@Msceejaybee

I know the guy from Poland is doing it but never understood the cost
- How much did it cost? How much are the new OEM lights? How much for work? What happens to the old lights?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts