Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to pull the trigger on my 3rd V40 as my lease is due to expire in a couple of months.

Initially a D2, then a D4 and now jumping ship to the T3 R-Design Nav Plus (with Front Sensors & Park Assist Pilot, Winter Pack Plus).

My question really for anyone is .. I am toying between sticking with my current Onyx Black colour - or changing it to Osmium Grey for the new one. Sometimes I look at that colour online (and when I see it on the road) and it looks a really dark grey, other times it looks a lighter shade! Dark grey is a preference!

Anyone with any experience of this Osmium Grey - any regrets in choosing the colour?! Does it pick up dirt and grime as easy (at least in appearance) to my Onyx Black, that only seems to stay clean and shiny for a week at best!

thanks all! :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an Osmium grey V40 and am happy with the colour. The car never looks particularly dirty even in the winter although I do try and wash it every week. I had two black Volvo S40's and as much as I like a black car they never stayed looking clean for very long.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My first V40 was in Osmium Grey and I loved it. As cas-couple and sjc say, it does hide the dirt well. I would have had it again but I tend to look for high spec nearly new and the right car came up in Crystal White

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Very happy with mine too, an excellent colour.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. Appreciate the replies and the comfirmation :) It's helped me decide for my new September delivery. Those with the pics attached, nice cars :thumbup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
When my wife and I were trying to decide on a new car in the fall we often walked by an osmium grey v40 on our way to the park and it always looked very stylish. I am sure it influenced our decision to get a v40 ourselves.
But both colors are nice and you can't really go wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
About to pull the trigger on my 3rd V40 as my lease is due to expire in a couple of months.

Initially a D2, then a D4 and now jumping ship to the T3 R-Design Nav Plus (with Front Sensors & Park Assist Pilot, Winter Pack Plus).

My question really for anyone is .. I am toying between sticking with my current Onyx Black colour - or changing it to Osmium Grey for the new one. Sometimes I look at that colour online (and when I see it on the road) and it looks a really dark grey, other times it looks a lighter shade! Dark grey is a preference!

Anyone with any experience of this Osmium Grey - any regrets in choosing the colour?! Does it pick up dirt and grime as easy (at least in appearance) to my Onyx Black, that only seems to stay clean and shiny for a week at best!

thanks all!
Hello. I have a -15 V40 with the Osmium Gray colour. Really really happy with the hue. As you say, its quite a dark gray but depending on where and how the sun in shining on the car, it have a tint of lightblue/marine in it as well. Really recommend it, although once you get it full of pollen it really shows its worst. Dirt and mud aint a big problem and dont show as much.
You can see my car posted on https://www.garaget.org/?car=411541 (a swedish carenthusiast forum)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you and nice pictures :)

I've today placed the order for the V40 T3 R-Design Nav Plus in Osmium Grey. Only things I've added on outside everything that's standard, is the auto dimming rear view mirror, the flexible boot floor, the front sensors & park assist pilot and the winter plus pack.

That will be my 3rd V40. Love the car, love the handling, the comfort and the ride - my first foray back to a Petrol engine since 2003.

Roll on September :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd love a new V40, but the only colour I'd really want is rebel blue, and that is discontinued :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I ordered a V40 CC Pro in Mussel Blue on 7th July. Does anyone have an idea of typical order to delivery time, just had two emails from Volvo one with order accepted, in July, about a week after ordering. The last on 16.08.2018 saying I would be informed when vehicle was going to be produced. Dealer is suggesting end of September delivery.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds about right. Ours was 7-9 weeks from order to pick up. Unfortunately the Volvo website no longer allows you to see the progress. It is usually about 2-3 weeks from the week of manufacture before it is at the dealer.

Mussel Blue is a great colour for the V40, it is understated and sits well on the V40 shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I ordered a V40 CC Pro in Mussel Blue on 7th July. Does anyone have an idea of typical order to delivery time, just had two emails from Volvo one with order accepted, in July, about a week after ordering. The last on 16.08.2018 saying I would be informed when vehicle was going to be produced. Dealer is suggesting end of September delivery.

I was quoted 6 weeks at first but it took 12 weeks due to the factory changes, but Mussel Blue is lovely:smile2:

·
Registered
719 Posts
My car was in for service yesterday. Handed the keys for a T2R in Bursting Blue, with only 4 miles on the clock!
Have to say Bursting Blue does make an impact.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sorry but not a big fan of any of those blues, but if I had to pick it would be Bursting Blue.
Mussel Blue looks a bit dated, dont you think ?
Osmium Grey is nice, especially if you break it up with the black panoramic roof and black alloys.

Rebel Blue was THE blue for the V40, it turned a somewhat mediocre body style into a sportier look.
Saying that, Caspian Blue is nice, especially if kept highly polished, but must have black alloys for contrast in my opinion.
Take a look at the photo of Caspian Blue and how hideous those bright alloys look against it.
Bang a set of 18" or 19" black rims on that car and it will take on a completely different look.

Theres 2 main things you just have to get right when opting to spec and buy a new car, the colour, and just as important the style of wheel.

An alloy wheel style/colour can make or break a car.
Also the size of the alloy, anything less than 18" just looks lost on the V40 body shape.

The current V40 is fast becoming a somewhat dated shape, so body colour and alloy style/colour is a must when trying to get a good look.

But hey, at the end of the day it's all down to personal choice....

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm awaiting my V40 Momentum Nav Plus T3 auto soon. Ordered 2-3 weeks ago. Hope it comes on time in end Nov! What are you T2/T3 powered V40s getting MPG wise? And if you could state your typical journey, eg...urban only, or mixed or only extra urban. Enjoying the LED lights? No complaints? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts