Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.6D2 SE Lux arrived on 4th Jan.
The NSF Pirrelli Tyre has just Bulged (22/2/13) after 4500 miles.
About half the size of a Tennis ball on the outside wall.
No kerb damage on wheel, no scuffing on tyre and no obvoius reason.
It just bulged.
Lucky I spotted it whilst in Plymouth before trip home to Bristol.

Otherwise completely satisfied except....
I forgot to opt for heated seats.
Ooo er misses its cold on them leather seats.
Reg's
Sid

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi Sid7brs, and welcome to the forum.
I've got the same bulging on my NSF tyre, I noticed it over the weekend. Done over 7000 miles on these tyres now.
The only thing I can put it down to is the enormous potholes on the local roads. I've managed to avoid most of them, but hit one or two particularly as they are difficult to see in the dark on an unlit country lane.

Might be a problem that's compounded by the high tyre pressures?

I'm going to get my tyre changed in the morning.

As for the seats, I have a long winter coat that covers my bum, so have not had any issues!

·
Registered
630 Posts
London_2012 said:
Hi Sid7brs, and welcome to the forum.
I've got the same bulging on my NSF tyre, ...........
The only thing I can put it down to is the enormous potholes on the local roads.
Potholes won't get filled in unless the local authority knows about them. You can easily report them (and other road problems) yourself via fixmystreet.com http://www.fixmystreet.com/

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yellowbelly said:
London_2012 said:
Might be a problem that's compounded by the high tyre pressures?
I wouldn't class 230 to 260 kPa as being inordinately high. What's the maximum pressure stated on the tyre sidewall?
mine were high, side door panel recommends 33psi, mine were at 37. I could feel it was high as the ride was a little harsh. My old BMW 1 series run flats were very harsh even at 31 on the front 34 on the rear.

as for the potholes, unfortunately the councils are not always quick to react as you can see from this article last week.

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/news/700_000_pothole_backlog_has_built_up_county_hall_reveals_1_1958220

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
London_2012
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing