Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a software update a couple of days ago. They changed my main speedo from mph to km/h and apparently had to reinstall two software modules, including the 'main' one.

It did the job with the main speedo, but one thing I also noticed is that the ECC now tends to blow air at much higher speeds when set at auto (without the A/C on, just the blower). It is almost constantly at highest speed or just slightly slower, even if the temperature difference is one or two degrees between inside and outside. I tried to set the blower to 'low' in the settings, but the difference is negligible.

I find this somewhat annoying, because of the noise and the fact that I have to adjust blower speed manually - I did not have to do it before the update. When the A/C is on, it works as it used to, adapts quickly and turns the blower down.

Anyone noticed anything similar after software updates?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did another update two days ago. The mechanic claimed I already had the most recent software loaded and that there was little he could do except to reinstall it. He did, and the A/C issue was gone! It's back to normal.

I guess my Volvo's knickers are back on :)

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.