Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
I found the Volvo Journal, Part number: 31477917, you need 2 of these.

I work with volvo parts at Swedens biggest volvo dealer so I can find these things.
That's very useful and shows a procedure TJ VCC-498307-1 in one picture.
Can you identify the procedure reference for UK right-hand-drive vehicles please, or is it the same?
I'd like to show that to my dealer.

Reactions: HenryNcl

·
452 Posts
Have the same more bubbling less hissing sound from the center console or right footwell (LHD-Greece). Read all the thread, can not understand if anyone found a solution. Does the aircondition need recharge? This seems more probable, than changing any part. What do you say ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the new sound proofing fitted yesterday by my dealer as Theos post and noise has gone. I was able to generate the noise by turning the air con up and down previously but thankfully all silent so far, definitely worth aski6to have this fitted. Raytint, that's exactly where noise seemed to be coming from right foot well but the pipes are actually behind the dash.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Everyone is saying "aircon" here, but do they mean ventilation?
When I turn my aircon (cooling) off the noise remains, it only varies with ventilation fan speed.
That said it's cold here (England) at present so the cooling function is probably not active...

·
Registered
5 Posts
No its definitely an aircon noise, it's the gas going through the evaporator, if you turn off aircon the noise stopped. If noise doesn't stop when aircon off it's a different problem

·
452 Posts
No its definitely an aircon noise, it's the gas going through the evaporator, if you turn off aircon the noise stopped. If noise doesn't stop when aircon off it's a different problem
I agree with you, Trevor. The hissing ventilator sound, which goes up and down accordingly to the fan speed is a known problem with V40. It impressed me a lot for a premium (say...) car in the first days, but now I am familiar with it. The sound in my car is a faint bubble - gargle sound, like liquid mixed with air circulating in the pipes, and it dissappears when the aircon is shut down. I wonder if anyone has a definite diagnosis for this, and, of course any kind of solution. It was Jamie Mulligan who started this thread that described it exactly as I say, and this is a question directly to him for any solution. If the system needs recharging (gar replenish) then I will do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,

I've just got my 2017 (67) V40 R Design Nav Plus and the a/c makes a similar noise when on. At first I thought it was coming from the wheels as it seemed to be more of a whirring sound like something going round and round. Soon noticed that the noise only appears when the a/c is on and then disappears straight away when the a/c is switched off.

Is this something that they'll look at under the warranty, especially if there's a known issue and potential fix for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same hissing sound when the A/C is on at my T3 MY2016. Sound goes away immediately when A/C is off. I will make a question at the dealer next time I visit for yearly maintainance.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts