Volvo V40 Forums banner

Absolutely gutted

5K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  DarrenCC 
#1 ·
I am absolutely gutted ,went to pick up my new R Design V40 today only to find the dealership had ordered the wrong spec, No winter pack fitted so they have had to re-order another vehicle to the correct spec, now got to wait until mid March already been waiting since the beginning of November, I am so disappointed :mad:

Discussion starter · #9 ·
It wouldn't be fair to besmirch the whole of the dealership. It was probably just a slip-up on the part of the individual salesperson. These things happen sometimes. All the other departments and employees may be of the highest calibre. HOMETUNEDAVE may want to go back there in the future (for warranty work or servicing etc.) so it wouldn't be a good idea for him to get himself a bad name by going for a gloves-off battle right at the outset.
Kind of agree with Yellow belly it was was just a mistake made by the person making the order, they just missed one of the extras on the list(I did have eight).
As for a courtesy car I still have the Audi A8 which I am trading in against the V40 so don't really need a courtesy car.
I suggested to the salesman they give me the three year service plan that I want to take out and he seemed to think that would be agreed although he would have to get that confirmed on Monday when the sales manager is back and they are going to ring me on Monday.
I am extremely disappointed to not have my V40 yet but it was a genuine mistake (we all make mistakes) and nothing I do will make the vehicle turn up any sooner, so I will just have to be patient and wait until March, and maybe when I speak to the salesman on Monday they may offer more I will have to see.
Date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.