Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had cause to get into the rear seat belt or into the rear quarter.

Looking for some advise or online demo

Need to get to the inside of here...

Reactions: AKD47

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh bless you, that is absolutely fantastic !!!

Thank you

Reactions: AKD47

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thank you Hedge01 - that worked a treat and gave me the only available access route to the back of there!

Stripped it all out exactly as instructed, only way to access it though is a 12" horizontal run over fuel cap from in boot so hope he has enough access.

Fingers crossed - he is looking at it tomorrow (the ding that the car was delivered with)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolutely made up - dent man has been today and 3 hours later there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever of the ding (can was supplied with).

Very happy days !

Reactions: hedge01 and Arb

·
Registered
382 Posts
Tidy bud, also I can confirm my car had no damage to front splitter or the rubber lip thing, although annoyed as like you alteration I made during the allowed time were not made!

Although he assures me I do have the auto dim rear view mirror, but I cannot see the in built compass? So not convinced I actually have it, it is frameless and has no manual tilt function, just no compass which would of been mildly handy during on site surveys.

Also a small detail on the front seats where they bolt to the floor nearest the centre tunnel there are no caps on the bolts but there are caps on the door sides is this normal? Tiny detail I know.

Just felt the dealer didn't really go out his way, and he kind of tricked me into the 3 year servicing deal, which I hoped was chucked in free, and I thought it was until I came to pay the remainder of the deposit! By this time I just wanted my **** car so paid the £300 which is not the end of the world considering the overall deal I got.

Will post pics later, glad I actually took this day off of all days to collect considering I am a professional tree climber it's tad windy! Looking forward to some emergency work tomorrow.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Auto dim mirror in the UK doesn't have built in compass. At least mine hasn't. I can confirm there are no caps on inner door retainning bolts. I jumped at the £300 servicing deal. £100 a year is very good compared to what I am paying for my wifes Peugeot 207.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got 5 year service @ £500 as part of compensation FOC

Never heard of a 3 year one?

Cheers on splitter

·
Registered
382 Posts
I got 5 year service @ £500 as part of compensation FOC

Never heard of a 3 year one?

Cheers on splitter
They do both a 3 or 5 year fixed service deal, the 5 year is the one they push and use in most promotions.

I think the dealer did the right thing in your case, the mistakes with my order were very minor and I actually benefitted.

I do not regret not going for the sports pack, the suspension as is is a good balance. I just wish it looked a little lower.

I'll give some feedback on mine once I've done a few more miles.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I do not regret not going for the sports pack, the suspension as is is a good balance. I just wish it looked a little lower
Agreed totally, yes one of their errors was to miss off my sports pack, suspension is definitely hard and focused enough already and as you say it would have been nicer the tad lower but not as a trade off for the ride. Difficult to say exactly as not driven a sports pack but I doubt I would pick it having driven mine and found no shortcoming with handling.

If I was looking for jagged edge cornering performance I would lower the tyre pressure and have the sports pack, but the current suspension has more grip than the tyres given their current 'eco' pressures, which I doubt would be practical with the sports chassis.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I had a tiny ding I front of the fuel flap, we removed the fuel flap together access.

Re the sports suspension, it is not too hard (but I like hard suspension, have a focus ST and lotus Elise so used to bones hackers) but the drop is hardly worth thinking about/noticeable, the v40 still looks too high at the back, they should have given it a flatter stance. The adjustable power steering is worth getting the sports pack for though

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Dennis, I would have liked the steering force but I wouldn't say I 'm disappointed with current assistance level

I took the screw out of the fuel shroud as it seemed a very easy access route but it didn't seem to want to move so I stripped inside out instead.

Reactions: denn1s
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.