Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering that i ought to add a yellow fog light for my volvo because i think yellow light penetrate better than white light does,but i have heard that installing a yellow led light on car is illegal in some places which will disturb variable message signs for traffic control,it that true?

·
Registered
155 Posts
If I remember my biology lessons, there's no difference in 'penetration' of any particular hue of light through fog . The rod cells in your eye are however most sensitive to one particular wavelength that comes out as yellow, and that's the reason why lights on some countries on cars used to be yellow (France, I guess, but I don't know when they changed back to white).

That said, does V40 have front fog lights? I may have missed something.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
221 Posts
If I remember my biology lessons, there's no difference in 'penetration' of any particular hue of light through fog . The rod cells in your eye are however most sensitive to one particular wavelength that comes out as yellow, and that's the reason why lights on some countries on cars used to be yellow (France, I guess, but I don't know when they changed back to white).

That said, does V40 have front fog lights? I may have missed something.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
My R-Design has LED's, but they are Daytime only, no use for fog. There is no override button on the dash to turn them on either, unless someone knows a way ?

I really need to read the manual !

·
Registered
196 Posts
The LED's are Daytime Running Lights, they either have to dim at night when other lights are on, or go off completely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts