Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Added the Volvo styling kit (rear & side wind deflectors only).

Rear wind deflectors only:

Rear & Side Deflectors:

Reactions: stratosHD and jifen

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have been waiting to see what the sill extensions looked like in real life.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning but the rear bumper does not match, I am waiting to hear from Volvo re my mismatching rear bumper on my red r-design

·
Registered
273 Posts
....nice detailing @VoodooBOB. Probably a step too far, but I would want to be getting a hairdryer to "Tom Campher's" sticker under your V40 badge and get rid of it!

Reactions: denn1s

·
Registered
153 Posts
Nice pics... and neighbourhood as well Bob! :thumbup:

Reactions: VoodooBOB

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Removed

looks nice voodoo i see you forgot your first pictures number plate lol
looks nice
Specially removed for you, lol. At least now when you perhaps see me on the road, you will know who it is. :)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Badges

....nice detailing @VoodooBOB. Probably a step too far, but I would want to be getting a hairdryer to "Tom Campher's" sticker under your V40 badge and get rid of it!
I was thinking of removing all badges, perhaps on another day, or add more badges, like a nice blue badge next to the D3. :D

Reactions: DarrenCC

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rear Bumper

I have been waiting to see what the sill extensions looked like in real life.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning but the rear bumper does not match, I am waiting to hear from Volvo re my mismatching rear bumper on my red r-design
I hear you, personal choice, I again like it. Pictures are always a bit misleading, the light the camera catches is not always good. Looks better with the naked eye.

I also have the center styling piece, top half sprayed white, and the bottom half the black plastic, if I do decide to insert it later, or I will sell to someone who just wants that piece.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can get them separate, think they are then sold as "repair/panelbeaters" parts. They normally come in a complete kit. I just got the whole kit way cheaper (know some people) than what they would have been.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I hear you, personal choice, I again like it. Pictures are always a bit misleading, the light the camera catches is not always good. Looks better with the naked eye.

I also have the center styling piece, top half sprayed white, and the bottom half the black plastic, if I do decide to insert it later, or I will sell to someone who just wants that piece.
I am temped by the sill extensions, what is the centre styling piece?

How are they fitted, tiger seal?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What with the gloss black exhaust surround, did you get that painted yourself or is that a replacement part to go where the standard splitter it. gloss black looks so much better

It is the standard dull plastic centre piece I had sprayed gloss black by the dealership

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am temped by the sill extensions, what is the centre styling piece?

How are they fitted, tiger seal?
You drill holes into the bumper and side sill, then pop rivvet a plastic bracket to it, then you slide panels over it, has some double sided tape at the top, and the side ones still get some pop rivvets at the bottom

·
Registered
1 Posts
Vman

Hi VoodooBOB.

I know this is off the topic but was wondering whether you could help re the following issue as I can see you have had some experience wrt this.

I have just purchased a V40 T3 and have the same gearbox issue mentioned in your post. The car has less than 1000 km on the clock and makes a clunk noise through the first 3 gears. It sounds as though something is loose at the bottom of the engine. Please can you advise your experience with Volvo and give me some pointers so that I may try to resolve this issue. My car is going back to volvo on Monday as there was a vibration at the rear and I took it to a tyre fitment centre and they advised the back rim is buckled?? Car was delivered with 150km on the clock and the dealer advised they had to use it for test drives as there was no demo available.

Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Varian van Reysen

·
Registered
945 Posts
I loved the look of the kit so much its now fitted to my rebel blue d3. Got the upgraded spoiler aswell. Makes a massive improvement to the rear end of the car in my opinion. ��
I can not understand why the upgrade spoiler is not more popular (I think you will be about the 3rd person I am aware of with one) as it does make the back look much better and it is cheap:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.