Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying new aftermarket rims for my Volvo V40 CC (Which I have not received yet). I have always thought that white rims are a good match for red cars.
These 17" Extreme X-Zero rims which I can get hold of quite cheap here in Norway. Do you guys think that these rims would look good on my car?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Just my opinion but I feel the centre caps are too big. Something with longer spokes would look great in white, Sparco make some stunning wheels, light too.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I am considering buying new aftermarket rims for my Volvo V40 CC (Which I have not received yet). I have always thought that white rims are a good match for red cars.
These 17" Extreme X-Zero rims which I can get hold of quite cheap here in Norway. Do you guys think that these rims would look good on my car?

I would be very wary about fitting any wheels not sold by Volvo. I wouldn't trust the dimensional accuracy or strength. Also you'd have to report the change to your insurance company, and risk having your premium increased.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your input. We don't have to report rim changes to the insurance company here in Norway, so that is not a worry. Rim size don't have anything to say when it comes to the insurance premium.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'd not be worried on strength or 'accuracy', unless they're cheapy no-name branded wheels. In all the years of perusing modified car forums (and driving on 3rd party non-OEM alloys), I've never seen any issues with fitting non-standard wheels so long as you stick to suitable offset and tyre sizes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts