Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Picked up my V40 R-Design Lux yesterday and am smitten. Only one slight niggle. On the display near the cabin lights it permanently displays the "Passenger Airbag On" warning.

Is this normal, I don't remember it from the demo I drove and while it's not a deal breaker its just a bit annoying being told all the time the airbag is on...I would expect that, that's what they are there for, wan me when it's off fine, but when it's on I would take that as a given.

Can the warning light be suppressed?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is there to warn you if you have a baby car seat facing backwards on your front seat - if airbag deploys, it can be very dangerous. Volvo obsession with safety (and I guess it brings a few EuroNCAP points too).

Not sure you can turn it off, mine is on all the time.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam

·
Registered
155 Posts
Forgot to write - congrats, enjoy your new Volvo as much as I'm enjoying mine :) .

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think this is an addition as part of the MY14 update.

I hate these warnings, by all means come on when you turn the car on etc but then go out.

At least it is out of normal sight, on Toyota's and Lexus they are on the dash so always catching your attention

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello,

Picked up my V40 R-Design Lux yesterday and am smitten. Only one slight niggle. On the display near the cabin lights it permanently displays the "Passenger Airbag On" warning.

Is this normal, I don't remember it from the demo I drove and while it's not a deal breaker its just a bit annoying being told all the time the airbag is on...I would expect that, that's what they are there for, wan me when it's off fine, but when it's on I would take that as a given.

Can the warning light be suppressed?
Go to the dealer they need to do a software update! I had a similar problem and had it fixed a few days ago!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.