Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,022 Posts
I use Red because my other car does too and I can't change that one.

· Registered
634 Posts
A strange question. Use the one you like best, unless you have an overwhelming desire to select the one that's apparently most popular, even though you can't stand it yourself?

I doubt anyone driving behind you or standing in the street as you pass by can even see what colour you've selected, let alone would even be thinking about it.

Mine's purple BTW because I like it better than the other options, but if anyone else hates it, I don't care :D:ROFLMAO::D

· Registered
MY17 V40 2.0 D2 Momentum Nav + Passion Red, Winter Pack, Power Seats and TFT Display
257 Posts
I always use purple too, I flick through them all with an idea of changing it to something different but end up going back to purple again, seems to give off the best light. Not sure what the temperature one is all about, is it meant to change with the temperature or something?

Is the same as the TFT display, I flick through all the clocks but end up going back to the performance one. I prefer the colour scheme of the elegance but it's just a shame it don't have a digital Speedo in the middle.

· Super Moderator
767 Posts
What are we talking about and how?
Some of the cars were fitted with multicolour mood lights, one is above the gear stick in the interior light cluster, the other is in the light cluster over the rear seats.

If you look in the middle there is an LED lamp (about 2mm x 5mm) If you have the multicolur light option then when you look in car settings

If you do have the option go to the vehicle settings (in MY CAR)
Then Light Settings
Then Ambience Colours
You can cycle through a rainbow of colours from various RGB combinations - or set it t react to the climate (it is blue when cold, and orange when warm)

Reactions: Terag

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was just out of interest, I find all the colours too contrasting to the car interior and paintwork options. Glad you’ve had your moment 👍🏻

A strange question. Use the one you like best, unless you have an overwhelming desire to select the one that's apparently most popular, even though you can't stand it yourself?

I doubt anyone driving behind you or standing in the street as you pass by can even see what colour you've selected, let alone would even be thinking about it.

Mine's purple BTW because I like it better than the other options, but if anyone else hates it, I don't care :D:ROFLMAO::D

· Registered
10 Posts
What colour are we using and why?
Depends on my mood usually its set to purple because I have aftermarket lights in the footwells which I think looks really nice in purple. But when I feel like taking a backroad during the quite times where I might drive a little more aggressive (but still safe) I would change all to red to match the Performance mode on the dash ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts