Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
If by ambient lighting you are talking about the single LED in the rear view mirror that shines down I would not pay a penny for it as an option. It is, in my opinion, a load of rubbish. However, if there is another option then I am not aware of it.
Ambient lighting in my last car ( not Volvo) was quite impressive and was a standard feature.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I agree that it's not 'impressive' but more people have said they like the soft lilac light that reflects off all the shiny bits than have said they like any other bit of the car!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks both for your replies, I'm in the U.K. and looking towards the r design - yes it is the single neon light above the rear view mirror, I did test drive an se nav which had them in.but i did not know if they were in the r design basic model or not hence my question

·
Registered
39 Posts
The standard r design in the uk doesnt have the one in the rear switched on, its an optional extra. I think it might be included in the lux version though.

I like it but its certainly not worth the hype.

·
Registered
273 Posts
oh FFS....you either like it or you don't...opt in or opt out. If you don't have it tough, if you do have it, you love it, if you only have half then you only get half!!! my kids LOVE it. I love the blue, it matches the exterior colour, my boy like green, my daughter loves purple...why are we being so critical on stuff that years ago...didn't even exist!? I love having the ambient light front and rear...you need a Lux version!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Steady now lol - I was only asking if the neon light at the front (that you can change colours) was available on the Basic R Design as a standard feature?? whether you love or hate it, pay for it or not is down to personal choice

·
Registered
227 Posts
Have to agree with DarrenCC i love it also the the other half can see the mood im in when she gets in the car .my next project will be to get the floor lighting to match it .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Degsby yes it's standard in the front only on the normal R Design (not lux)
I have it in mine and depending on my mood, which dashboard I'm using or who is in the car with me, it changes.

Not something I've had before but I like it :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
@mel Tonight I went a little leftfield and went for the temperature controlled option...it stayed mostly whitish gold/frosty!....I'm hoping Volvo will go even more left of centre for MY15 and a "slow" rolling disco/rainbow option lol! Cheers

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Many thanks Misha -

haha to disco Darren...what ya like - u will be wanting neon blue lights underneath the car next......lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
I actually like the ambient lights, I think it's a nice touch (although I don't think I would have added it if it was not included) and makes the interior just a tad more enjoyable and cosy. The only thing is my 4-year-old daughter in insists on purple and I don't get to play with other colours ?.

And I didn't get the temperature thing, I don't notice any chance when the cabin warms up. Maybe they should have had it change from blue to red instead.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

·
Registered
395 Posts
Can someone that have this maybe do a videoshot about it and post on youtube? Would be awesome to see how it looks :)

Cant find it anywere on the youtube.
You won't find it on YouTube as there is nothing to see! It is one small LED in the rear view mirror shining down. I find the only way you can see anything is to hold your hand under the mirror.
My Astra had lights surrounding the centre console and in the door panels under the handles. Also had a lamp in the rear view mirror. It was impressive - unlike the v.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.