Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Great! Would like to hear more from you after installation... Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everybody. I have great new and bad news (I hope only for the moment) .This week I partially installed the android headunit From AOTSR It's relatively easy to instal. 4 screws for central panel (CEM?) 2 screws for CD DRIVE BEHIND central panel and 2 screws for the dashboard.

You need to keep the 5" screen connected with the android sreen (for now it's for getting key control of the original car panel like AC and climat control)
After that the unit need aproxymatly 30 sec to boot.

The first problem is that for the moment I can't get the screen to work when when I press the volvo "MY CAR" "RADIO" "AUX" key. Seem's I need to tune the factory setting for that (if somebody know how to).

Now let's see some videos
the presentation. Be gentle it's the first video I made.

The black screen session

And all factory settings. (Thank's to alexx__93 for the factory setting code)

Let me know what you think. Towmorrow I go to tweack everything I can and make more picture about How to mount everything correctly because all alliexpress shop give only light detail without explanation on how to mount the unit and for every cabling.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey Pyro,

wow, it looks absolutely awesome! I am bad at these things so I cannot help you but I am sure you will find out. Then I will get this too as my car warranty is over in November.

Cheers and keep us informed about yoru progress please!

·
Registered
V40 MY13
41 Posts
looks nice, apart from radio and media buttons all works good?
I wish to know if Bluetooth works and if you can control volume/next track from steering wheel

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes bluetooth work and you can change sound track with central panel, or steering wheel control.

Ac commande is beautyfully integrated. So I think it's possible to get the 5" infotainment back

·
Registered
V40 MY13
41 Posts
there are only 2 options.
its easy to verify, small one has a plastic frame inside, the 7" dont

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everybody. I have great new and bad news (I hope only for the moment) .This week I partially installed the android headunit From AOTSR It's relatively easy to instal. 4 screws for central panel (CEM?) 2 screws for CD DRIVE BEHIND central panel and 2 screws for the dashboard.

You need to keep the 5" screen connected with the android sreen (for now it's for getting key control of the original car panel like AC and climat control)
After that the unit need aproxymatly 30 sec to boot.

The first problem is that for the moment I can't get the screen to work when when I press the volvo "MY CAR" "RADIO" "AUX" key. Seem's I need to tune the factory setting for that (if somebody know how to).

Now let's see some videos
the presentation. Be gentle it's the first video I made.

The black screen session

And all factory settings. (Thank's to alexx__93 for the factory setting code)

Let me know what you think. Towmorrow I go to tweack everything I can and make more picture about How to mount everything correctly because all alliexpress shop give only light detail without explanation on how to mount the unit and for every cabling.
Thanks for sharing this!
Did you manage to overcome black screen issue?
Are there any basic functions lost?
Eg: how do you set the clock (shown on main instrument cluster)

gyula

21 - 32 of 32 Posts