Volvo V40 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks for your work, Pyro. Half-time I am in the Netherlands so I will try to contact you for help with the installation. My car warranty is finished in November so then I can begin with such upgrades.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Pyro, many thanks for keeping us informed. After all it looks you really need to spend a lot of time and effort to get everything working, so I decided not to buy this nice looking equipment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello again Pyro!!
so if i well undestod some functions of the oem screen are not projected on aotsr screen right?
like the car menu and settings right?
why the seller told you then that is compatible?????

·
Registered
15 Posts
and a last thing im gonna ask you again in ther advertisment they say
Puissance en sortie: 4*45W
so is there audio out i think its rca cable where you can connect your speakers ?(or install two more? back doors like i wanna do)
other similar screens for v40 like aotsr they also have an audio output for subwoofer is yours like that?
has the screen an equalizer? and speaker settings like FR-FL-RR-RL?
thanks again for time and efford

·
Registered
34 Posts
They give you a usb converter to convert the audio for your auxiliary input.
And the yellow cable seen in the pictur is for camera. (rear or 360° or rear and front)

·
Registered
34 Posts
For AOTSR Yes . It's not ultra detailled. But it's easy to get in touch with Catherin to get more help.
I'm still waiting the video converter for the OEM infotainment to be displayed on the android screen.
I will make a detailled tutorial to mount everything in the car when received.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For AOTSR Yes . It's not ultra detailled. But it's easy to get in touch with Catherin to get more help.
I'm still waiting the video converter for the OEM infotainment to be displayed on the android screen.
I will make a detailled tutorial to mount everything in the car when received.
wonderfull news....some hope at least...

·
Registered
15 Posts
yes it take a long time to know what to instal to get full support
i can imagine...cause from china.....
sorry for asking again about the audio output...is there another way Not use the auxiliary? and just take lines directly to speakers?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello guys and thanks Pyro for information what give us. I am on the same path to buy same product.I got v40 D2 2013 right hand and it`s whit original 5 inch screen.Only AOTSR provide this item for 5 inch screen which is a bit strange :) I send question to another seller some of them dont have product for right hand but most dont have for 5 inch screen.So do you have any updates? Like everyone's i dont spend 500 £ for nothing :)Thank you in advance

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think all seller that sell this unit will work for 7" or 5". But only support 7" oem to be re diffused on the android screen. AOTSR say it support the 5# But I didn't tester this yet. I'm still waiting for the video converter module from aotsr.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think all seller that sell this unit will work for 7" or 5". But only support 7" oem to be re diffused on the android screen. AOTSR say it support the 5# But I didn't tester this yet. I'm still waiting for the video converter module from aotsr.
What you mean ti be diffused? Did you have the order separate video module?

·
Registered
34 Posts
No. It show the original info from the original screen on the android screen. They forget the video modul in my order.... Now I'm waiting the modul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok thanks so basically everything its working, the plastic fit properly in hole. What about the secret code its same for all? Iam mostly need the sat nav and my Bluetooth to work. They tell in some model DAB radio didn't work, to be honest i still thinking should i buy. Dealer give me price of 2k £ to put sat nav on my car :) are the crazy? 😁

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok thanks so basically everything its working, the plastic fit properly in hole. What about the secret code its same for all? Iam mostly need the sat nav and my Bluetooth to work. They tell in some model DAB radio didn't work, to be honest i still thinking should i buy. Dealer give me price of 2k £ to put sat nav on my car :) are the crazy? 😁
Yes everything fit realy perfect. The secret code was given to me by a member of this forum.( I need to retreive it in the whats app conversation.)

If you already have bluetooth and sat nav in your car the unit is useless. Because you need to use the gps of the unit and the blueetooth of the unit. Unless you have the 7" screen supported. On this unit the dab+ modul from aostr work. Sometime it loose connection with the unit. And you need to restart the unit.

But if you have kinetic v40 whithout anything like mine. This unit worth the try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah the only think what i have its Winter pack ,even the sensors front/rear i put it myself on car lol ( i still love it) .I got Bluetooth but not Sat Nav. Do you need to remove Head Unit for more easy access?

41 - 60 of 97 Posts