Volvo V40 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Pyro, I'm super interested in getting one of these and I was just wondering if you had any success getting the picture from the 5" factory screen to mirror onto the new display?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Which is hard part then? did you manage to test rear camera ?
The leather protection for the gear knob shift. You can breack the parts if you wrong when pulling it. Or get the lever out of the part(it's pressed in). It can be reassemble with a lot of time.
And no I didn't try the back camera yet because i'm too laszy to do it . I'm sorry.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Pyro, I'm super interested in getting one of these and I was just wondering if you had any success getting the picture from the 5" factory screen to mirror onto the new display?
Hi not for the moment I'm still waiting for the fiberoptic video converter unit from AOTSR;

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everybody. I have great new and bad news (I hope only for the moment) .This week I partially installed the android headunit From AOTSR It's relatively easy to instal. 4 screws for central panel (CEM?) 2 screws for CD DRIVE BEHIND central panel and 2 screws for the dashboard.

You need to keep the 5" screen connected with the android sreen (for now it's for getting key control of the original car panel like AC and climat control)
After that the unit need aproxymatly 30 sec to boot.

The first problem is that for the moment I can't get the screen to work when when I press the volvo "MY CAR" "RADIO" "AUX" key. Seem's I need to tune the factory setting for that (if somebody know how to).

Now let's see some videos
the presentation. Be gentle it's the first video I made.

The black screen session

And all factory settings. (Thank's to alexx__93 for the factory setting code)

Let me know what you think. Towmorrow I go to tweack everything I can and make more picture about How to mount everything correctly because all alliexpress shop give only light detail without explanation on how to mount the unit and for every cabling.
do you know what is the factorysetting code ???because i have problem with the sound of volume thank you for your help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
do you have any problem with you radio??i just pay one from you aliexpress but I cannot hear any sounds from the new one
no problem with oem radio from the car. If you have problem with sound. The connector for amplifier is pushed completely. (it very hard to push completely)

·
Registered
V40 D2 Momentum 2013
3 Posts
Yes I managed to overcome the black screen issue . It's a setting in the "secret" menu. But I need to check before to be sur wich option it is.
Hi Pyro, first of all thanks for any info in this post. I bought the same interface, and installed it last week.
I have the same black screen problem, can you tell me the correct option settings to resolve it?

Another problem is to use the original rear view camera, I'm tiying to resolve and I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi I have a lot of new bad and good about this unit . After a year of using a lot of monney spend in this unit to get it fully working.

Hi Pyro, first of all thanks for any info in this post. I bought the same interface, and installed it last week.
I have the same black screen problem, can you tell me the correct option settings to resolve it?

Another problem is to use the original rear view camera, I'm tiying to resolve and I'll let you know.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english :)
First question did you instal this unit on a 5" screen or 7"?

61 - 80 of 97 Posts