Volvo V40 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
It sounds great in theory, but, has anyone got this 'upgrade' to work 100%, whist retaining all the original Volvo features and without a screen in the glovebox?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm from 5" screen using the android unit for almost one year without the full support. And now I installed myself the 7" screen (with volvo ITP remove) And installed the video converter for the 7" screen . And everythiong work. Seem's 5" screen is gave up. And this kit seem' to be "ingeniered" for 7" screen only. Because 3 peoples I know ordered these unit for 5" inch and always received the video converter for 7" . see my picture of the original volvo menu on the android screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm from 5" screen using the android unit for almost one year without the full support. And now I installed myself the 7" screen (with volvo ITP remove) And installed the video converter for the 7" screen . And everythiong work. Seem's 5" screen is gave up. And this kit seem' to be "ingeniered" for 7" screen only. Because 3 peoples I know ordered these unit for 5" inch and always received the video converter for 7" . see my picture of the original volvo menu on the android screen.
Hi Pryo, how did you go about installing the 7" screen, and where did you get the ITP remove from?

·
Registered
V40 D2 Momentum 2013
3 Posts
The black screen will always be here for 5" It's because it start on the original screen video signal from the video converter. And when you have 5" screen you don't have the video converter becaus it's not compatbile.
Ok, thanks. From your past comment it seemed you had solved it.
Can you share the link to 7'' screen video converter you have installed?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Pryo, how did you go about installing the 7" screen, and where did you get the ITP remove from?
Normally the video converter is included in the kit. That's why we thinked there is only a video converter for 7" after all.
I don't have a link. I get the video converter from a forum member.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the screen myself after ITP OFF from volvo dealer in belgium. Do you want complete instal tutorial?
Hi Pyro! I've recently bought a V40 2013 T4 (5 inch screen) and I really need to do the same as you. I'd appreciate it if you could list the parts I need to buy and the steps I need to do to switch to the 7 inch screen first and then install this Android module.

I'm new to driving and I really feel the need for the navigation. I've spent a couple of sleepless nights looking for solutions and going 5 inch into 7 inch into Android headunit seems to be the best way to go. I'm a bit frustrated with my purchase (and myself for not checking first - I just saw that the android headunit existed but didn't know I needed a 7 inch screen), I'd always wanted a Volvo and now that I got one I cannot upgrade the infotainment to fit my needs :/.

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello again Pyro!!! and members of this post.How great news you are finally able to have that android fully working!!!! I'm very happy for you and a bit jealous,i want it also!!It really worths all the money and efford.I'm following you all this time and i'm so close to do the same on my volvo.Reading your posts i come with a question about the used 7 inch screen you installed.How many connectors did it have on the back??? View attachment 17513
Today i checked my 5 inch screen back side to see what connectors it has.Three as you can see.But i'm not sure what kind of 7 inch screen fits.
What about your 7???As i can see from your dashboard photo you dont have phone button or bluetooth or even steering wheel controls.So that means you have sound system level zero= performance. Same as mine. Did you change your IAM (cd unit) also by itp off?if not then tell us please what type of 7 inch screen you have installed.
thanks in advance!!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Hi Pyro-XZ7
THX for share all the package and all your installation experience ...
please can you upload the installation instruction PDF, I'm not sure to be able to connect all this cables.
and can you upload some explanation of how you managed to remove the 5 "screen to get all the menus inside the android terminal. Likewise, how you installed the video decoder and how you got it, I don't understand well (sorry).

Thx so much for your great job Pyro-XZ7
VuitBlack

·
Registered
12 Posts
How is your experience with this device so far.. Would you suggest anyone to buy it? I have been thinking to buy does wireless carplay works fine?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Me I got it completely working with the volvo screen supported on the android screen
Hello glad that you make it work I have 7 inch screen.. Is it worth to buy it? How is the quality of the phone call oem microphone works? Other people hear you well while talking? Carplay works good?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Normally the video converter is included in the kit. That's why we thinked there is only a video converter for 7" after all.
I don't have a link. I get the video converter from a forum member.
Pyro, hello! Please tell me, what model year do you have a V40? do you have a standard ICM or IHU radio?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi~ your job is great! Can you tell me that your car already has AUX input? I think there's no way to connect Android screen module - original car audio. cause my v40 cc(2019) has only usb input.

81 - 100 of 100 Posts