Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone other than me got an annoying pull-down corner ad on their screen with audio/video advertising? Very annoying indeed!

I don't mind the banner ads but is this is the way of the future I'm outta here!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Haven't got what you describe, but last week when browsing the forum on my phone it kept trying to force me to download the William Hill app. Super annoying.

Edit: Above post beat me too it. I type to slow on this phone.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a bit of Adware called "Media player". Virus prog doesn't pick it up as a problem but it's damned annoying. Initially it only showed itself on this forum webpage but soon starts popping up on every page!

Uninstalled and now clear but as I didn't choose to install in the first place I guess it could be back again in future.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I haven't seen anything on my side, I have noticed lately when surfing some sites on my android phone, you get these popups saying virus detected etc. I just cancel and continue, but is annoying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.