Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys done any modifications to your cars yet?

I am going to get the tailpipes done, back bumper center piece sprayed gloss black, and window tinting. Going for the whole white gloss black look on my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Have any of you guys done any modifications to your cars yet?

I am going to get the tailpipes done, back bumper center piece sprayed gloss black, and window tinting. Going for the whole white gloss black look on my car.

I thought your car was Ice White, but the photograph shows a red car. I'm all confused!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Yellowbelly, hehe, no mine is white, the picture above is another car the dealer did, and emailed me a photo to see how the end result looks like, as I only saw the tailpipes when I was there, but not how they looked on a car.

Will post pics of mine next week, car is booked in for Tuesday 3 Sept.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine's due to arrive next Monday. I intend to replace the incandescent bulbs with LED ones where applicable.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before & After

As promised, picked up my car yesterday, and here is the new sexy backside. Quickly took the picture this morning, will try and take better ones when the car is in the sun. Also, the picture doesn't do justice to it, but the gloss back center piece looks awesome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Window Tint

Car standing inside the dealers workshop, ready for pickup. Dark windows looks awesome!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only thing missing now is that little blue badge next to the T3 badge. Thanks goes Tom Campher Volvo Jhb.

·
Registered
196 Posts
And removal of their sticker below the V40 badge :) Have they tinted the front side windows too? That would be illegal in the UK :)

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yip, front as well. Not illegal in SA. It looks stupid if only half the car is done.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
checkout www.klingshield.co.za

Also nice for smash and grab, sitting in traffic, guys will think twice before smashing your window

·
Registered
202 Posts
I see you masked your registration plate in the right-hand image, but is that label in the rear window on the left-hand image displaying what should be on the plate?

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see you masked your registration plate in the right-hand image, but is that label in the rear window on the left-hand image displaying what should be on the plate?
Hehe, no, that was just a temp number the dealership put on when you get the car new until you get the permanent numberplate, and they are completely different. That picture was taken in March, not recently.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ahh ok - no worries. I spotted the last 2 digits were the same and wondered.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is a better pic of the rear

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
How mutch did it cost? And they had to sand it?

·
Registered
382 Posts
A tow bar? For goodness sake!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Why not a tow bar? I have the detachable tow bar. Excellent.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Nope. Box trailer to take stuff to the tip, or my racing dinghy. :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts